Hondo's Bar

The Legend of Zelda

MusicManiac

Regular:

Dark Horse Books and Nintendo team up to bring you The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia, containing an unparalleled collection of historical information on The Legend of Zelda franchise. This handsome hardcover contains never-before-seen concept art, the full history of Hyrule, the official chronology of the games, and much more! Starting with an insightful introduction by the legendary producer and video-game designer of Donkey Kong, Mario, and The Legend of Zelda, Shigeru Miyamoto, this book is crammed full of information about the storied history of Link's adventures from the creators themselves! As a bonus, The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia includes an exclusive comic by the foremost creator of The Legend of Zelda manga - Akira Himekawa!

Limited:

Dark Horse Books and Nintendo® team up to bring you the limited collector's edition of The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia, containing an unparalleled collection of historical information on The Legend of Zelda™ franchise. This handsome book contains never-before-seen concept art, the full history of Hyrule, the official chronology of the games, and much more! The limited edition of Hyrule Historia looks like it could have been pulled off the shelf of one of the sages in Hyrule. The faux-leather hardcover bears the symbol of the Gate of Time, debossed, on the cover, and gold gilded pages. The limited collector's edition of The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia is perfect for the hardcore The Legend of Zelda™ fan!

preordered the LE based on that, i'm guessing the 8 pages is the manga described in the regular but not the limited. i contacted Dark Horse to find out if it is indeed the manga that's missing (and why), waiting to hear back.

Both look good in their own way. If indeed the LE doesn't have the manga, it would be stupid for a version that's more than twice the price to have less content.

from Dark Horse's listings:

deku scrub edition

Publication Date:

January 29, 2013

Format:

FC, 276 pages; HC, 9" x 12"

Price:

$34.99

Age range:

8+

ISBN-10:

1-61655-041-4

ISBN-13:

978-1-61655-041-7

Baller Limited

Quote:

Publication Date:

January 30, 2013

Format:

FC, 276 pages; HC, 9" x 12" - Limited to 4,000 Copies

Price:

$69.99

Age range:

8+

ISBN-10:

1-61655-161-5

ISBN-13:

978-1-61655-161-2

manga confirmed for both, so glad i preordered the LE cause it looks sold out at amazon and B&N, there's still at least one spot with a link as of last night.

I don't normally mess with the timeline talk so much, but now that the art book has it all laid out i guess it's at least no longer ambiguous - i've heard from a few people GT's in-depth look at it was solid, posting it here to remind myself to watch it tomorrow as well

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:968px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/shows/timeline">Timeline</a></b></p></div></div>

That was an interesting vid. I've never been much for the timeline shit. I prefer to just think of Link as an aspect of the Eternal Champion , Zelda is the consort. Then you have an object of power and an opposition. These roles repeat themselves in varying circumstances across dimensions and time. A grand moment echoing across the multiverse.

Add all 4 roles, throw in a silly hat and baby, you got yourself a LoZ goin'!

So, I don't think this has been discussed in this thread, or the Wii U thread: 2014 Zelda game for Wii U.

Nintendo's iconic Zelda series will arrive on the Wii U in 2014, according to a new report at Wii U Daily. A source from Nintendo's Japanese office claims that the company has assembled the biggest team in company history, numbering "hundreds" of developers, to work on the most expensive project in company history.

"This is Rockstar/GTA territory," the source said.

• 4 months later...

Artist's rendition of what a Zelda game might look like if she was the protagonist.

Clockwork Empire is set 2,000 years after Twilight Princess, and is not a reboot, but simply another iteration in the Zelda franchise. It just so happens that in this case, Zelda is the protagonist. I’m a very big Zelda fan, and worked hard to draw from key elements in the continuity and mythos.

DtHjbYd.jpg

lQeIFPQ.jpg

74pFicj.jpg

vjZ1Zuu.jpg

wnZYYVW.jpg

gn692VN.jpg

Edited by axel_napalm