Hondo's Bar

The Legend of Zelda

MusicManiac

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...

It looks real to me, but that means nothing. Still not buying a SWOLED, tho.

I was 100% on board with getting a new Switch if the rumors leading up to the SWOLED announcement had come to fruition (new hardware entirely, 4K, etc. - basically a Switch 2)

Edited by Stilly
  • Upvote 1

yeah, i get it - i was against the SWOLED for the same reasons: if there's no docked visual upgrade, i had no reason to bite

then i was working a job that gave me time between patients, and i used a friend's system and noticed the changes:

1) screen size difference isn't massive, but with my vision, it's enough to read most RPG game text, which was huge for me

2) it's not talked about as much, but the audio quality (undocked) is most certainly improved

3) as i have a launch model (great for hacking!), the battery went to shit and this was a big improvement

all that to say: yeah, if you play this thing mostly docked, 0 reason to upgrade.  if not, might be worth your while.  seeing as how tears of the kingdom is dropping without the successor system (not surprising with the state of things), i wouldn't be surprised if we saw the next one in 2024, even though it's going on 6 years & clearly long in the tooth...still selling like hotcakes

I mean, I currently consider my steam deck to be nearly unrivaled at this point. I can emulate just about everything, on top of my already large steam library. 

It would have to be a massive improvement to get me to even consider buying another handheld

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/30/2022 at 9:47 PM, Stilly said:

Still not buying a SWOLED, tho.

I lied. I like my SWOLED.

Also, I'm having a blast just doing random shit in TotK. I'm trying to make it back to some of the earlier villages from BotW (Hateno, etc) to try to get my bearings in this version of the world. Also, some of your BotW data carries over (horses at stables, etc)

I've got a 65 inch OLED TV coming in on Wednesday, so I'm holding off on getting too deep into the game until then (I've also been saving the H:FW DLC for that)

Edited by Stilly
  • Wow! 1

yeah, my dumb plan that i used in botw to just prioritize unlocking the whole map before getting better stuff/advancing the plot got me humbled this time around; i had no business being in gerudo 😅

got my shield last night tho

[/spoiler]

• Wow! 1

think we're halfway through the boss fight/dungeons so far?  this game is staggering in size, you just get lost doing other stuff

also, big plot spoilers

think we're getting the master sword today, but when you find out what the actual tears of the kingdom are...

😭

• 5 months later...