:yup:

Right.

WHAT

A

LOAD

OF

BOLLICKS.

2 stars, chuckle.

Right..... I saw this one today. Me and some mates were hanging around the cinema for a while, and started to realise it was getting rather cold. We check out Date Movie. I'm glad because I didn't pay with my own money.

Right.

Right....

Right........... Seriously, I'm lost for words, I need a hard drink after this. Can somebody please finish this for me?

NBA Superstar Shaquille O'Neal is Kazaam, a larger-than-life genie with a magic touch for nostop fun laughter!  After 5,000 long years of captivity, Kazaam is set free to grant three wishes to a new master.  From then on, he's catapulted to one wild adventure after another... from becoming the latest rap sensation or untangling an outrageous mob scheme! As the giant genie with an attitude, Shaq scores big laughs in this hilarious comedy hit that's sure to be a slam-dunk winner with everyone!

Before Date movie = :)

After date movie = :pinch::):yup:

Even

Watching

for

free

I felt

ripped off.

Loved it.

In this time of crass, tasteless comedies I was delighted to come across this breath of fresh air. Instead of being the same old recycled nonsense the writers concocted an novel idea - taking the funniest elements of romantic comedies from the past few years and putting them all into one easy to swallow movie. However they're not at all like the films they parody, rather "Date Movie" was a sophisticated romantic comedy akin to the work of master director Ernst Lubitsch.

I don't want to give away anything about the film (that would be a crime!) however one thing I must say is they pull off an amazing homage to François Truffaut's "Jules et Jim", with Allyson Hannigan substituting in for Jeanne Moreau's Catherine. It may be a shock to you guys (well, until you see it that is) but put your bets down for Hannigan for best actress next year. Her "Catherine" was even more haunting and I'm sure will prove to be more timeless than Moreau's portrayal.

I loved "Date Movie". I implore you to go see it as soon as possible.

*****/*****

NBA Superstar Shaquille O'Neal is Kazaam, a larger-than-life genie with a magic touch for nostop fun laughter!  After 5,000 long years of captivity, Kazaam is set free to grant three wishes to a new master.  From then on, he's catapulted to one wild adventure after another... from becoming the latest rap sensation or untangling an outrageous mob scheme! As the giant genie with an attitude, Shaq scores big laughs in this hilarious comedy hit that's sure to be a slam-dunk winner with everyone!

Seriously who DIDN'T think this one was gonna suck ass. The only genre parodies that ever truly worked, in my mind, were Hot Shots and Naked Gun. Though honorable mention goes to Spy Hard, Loaded Weapon 1, and the origional Scary Movie.

What the fuck's up with completely selling out Mel Brooks in the list of "only parodies that worked?" Blazing Saddles (thank you The Nick), Spaceballs, History of the World, The Producers, Men In Tights, Young Frankenstein, the list goes on....

Fucking Bitch-tor....

Hopefully someone in Holywood will pull their finger out and make Parody Movie, a parody of parody movies, and put an end to this cretinous trend once and for all. I might stand to be corrected on this, but I don't think there has been a parody movie worth a damn that didn't have the name Zuker or Brooks on it. There's been plenty of bad one's too, but no boddie's perfect.

Archived