Hondo's Bar

Your collection

The NZA

ah, right, that x-colection will be just the good shit, claremont/byrne when they were in full swing, nice one man. how much was it?

and yeah, that's shit. If you want, i can point you to a site i found that still had copies left for like $80.

Which book.

Powers Vol-1 HC book.

and the Xmen for that matter. :humping:

So what's evryone's take on better books?

Marvel Vs. DC? Which Indie books are good to collect? Any Opinions?

Edited by MusicManiac

Only in the comic thread...

Bone's universally regarded as the best jumping on point for Indie books, every motherfucker around here's a Marvel zombie too(there's a thread way back, & I'm what? the only person to show pre-IC-DC any love.) except for Vertigo of course. Vertigo beats any publisher or imprint nearly hands-down for quality-story-to-production-ratio. Shit, I'm surprised Nick's even reading Infinite Crisis.

Yeah, the big two smell of poo.

The only Marvel I read is the Ultimates, mostly for the violence, and because it seems a little bit more rational, when the Hulk rampages through New York, hundreds die and he gets the death penalty. Well maybe rational isn't the right word the current story has America being liberated by the Axis of Evil lead by a French guy, actually I wanted to recommend that current storyline to Archangel, but there's still plenty of places where they can take the characters and situations, give it a few years though, and it'll be just as bloated and pointless as the main continuity (continuities? ah fuck who cares)

The only DC I've read lately is Seven Soldiers, and not because it seemed like a good idea, but because it's Grant Morrison. It's been a bit of a chore keeping up, and Mister Miracle was a pretty joyless experience, but it's had some great moments. The latest issue of Frankenstein had among other things zombie cows! Hell yeah!

Shit, I'm surprised Nick's even reading Infinite Crisis.

im a little surprised, myself.

The only Marvel I read is the Ultimates

that doesnt count; everyone reads Ultimates. Everyone.

ive picked up almost all the Seven Soldiers stuff too, just for Grant and its high reviews....which books were really good?

Skeet's right, the single most approachable indy book's gotta be Bone - lighthearted but it gets epic, great book and if you enjoy it, you can get the whole thing in one tradee for like $40, hard to beat for a 50-something issue series. Ive made a bunch of threads on good indie books round here, take a look when youve a chance, bound to be something youll like, MM.

at the moment? Vertigo > Dark Horse > Marvel > Image > DC, for me.

The powers Vol-1 HC goes for $30 While x-men omnibus goes for about $65 to $80.

The powers HC has the first 11 issues and x-men about 30 issues. The mavel masterwork goes for $50 but you only get less for your money then with the omnibus.

Nick is going to hate me for this but....Uncanny X-Men Omnibus HC and if you buy Uncanny X-Men Omnibus HC with the Alias Omnibus HC you pay about $108. Which is one hell of a deal.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just added a few trades:

Daredevil vol. 2-5 HC (1 coming soon)

Infinity Gauntlet

DMZ

The Pulse

Nick do not click on the spoiler. You'll be sorry.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

which one? the pony stories one? you, sir, can go straight to hell.

props on DMZ and DD too, was thinkin of gettin the rest of DD in a few softcover trades (im not married to the black widow arc, and decalogue went kinda weird) but by the time we catch up to Devil in Cell Block D? i need that shit oversized glossy pages, man.

Infinity Gauntlet's a trade? that's a fun one. I oughta find that one one day, taht and the original Secret Wars.

which one? the pony stories one? you, sir, can go straight to hell.

props on DMZ and DD too, was thinkin of gettin the rest of DD in a few softcover trades (im not married to the black widow arc, and decalogue went kinda weird) but by the time we catch up to Devil in Cell Block D? i need that shit oversized glossy pages, man.

Infinity Gauntlet's a trade? that's a fun one. I oughta find that one one day, taht and the original Secret Wars.

OMG!!! You....you clicked it didn't you? What part of don't click it did you not understand

As for the DD softcover. You'll spend more money that way then with the HC.

Edited by newtype

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Skeeter:

I warn you not to click on the spoiler. Doing so will mean you may or may not see a book you want.

Dear Nick:

See above.

Love Newtype.

Dear Newtype.

See Nick's post.

Love, Skeeter

Seriously though, you always had that or was that a late & rare find via ebay?

Kingdom come came out this week while the scud book was just dumb luck. I walked into the comic book store to pick up a few trade only to find a copy sitting there. Now if I can find the other 3.

Lessee...

I have over 150 DVD's , various titles. A good 50 of them are lent out and I dont remember who has what! Just a movie buff light... Deej is movie buff major.

I was 4 cards shy of having all of Beckett's listed Cal Ripken Jr. cards come like 99 or so. Since then I have lost 4 or 5 of them. I have like 20 diff Ripken cards to date.

I will soon collect old style wheel guns, as in western guns. I want to collect repaired real deals, not just replicas. very $$$

I also collect hats... any kinda baseball style hat there is, with all the diff logos of anything funny or company logos and all....