Hondo's Bar

Your collection

The NZA

I think He was talking to me Skeet.

But it's fine by me. I ussually don't talk about subjects i don't know shit. If you think japanese comics are only pokemon (which ironically is half japanese, half American, and started as Anime not comic) well I can tell how smart you are. As a potatoe. But hey, meaby is the all World that became dumb. Last time I check Japanese comic was selling 5 times more than any american o european comic worldwide. Weird, being Japan a little island in the side of the globe, and USA being 5 times bigger. Or meaby we are all stupid and you are the only smart guy in the World. I doubt it.

There are some people who prefers characters who go over 50 years and never end or even die.

Another thing is that i'm not doing any difference between comics. I like comics. Beign from USA, Europe, Asia or whatever...

But enough, we are way off topic.

I started to buy some Lobo comics again. The '94 issues are great!

14695_4_008.jpg

Ohhh, is tha aussie girly man upset because i slagged off his crapanese comics?
I think He was talking to me Skeet.

Are you australian? I think you may be a 'tard

Another thing is that i'm not doing any difference between comics.
I'm sorry? is that supposed to be english?

Last time I check Japanese comic was selling 5 times more than any american o european comic worldwide.

Last time i checked how good a comic is, is judged by the quality of the writing and the artwork not sales worldwide.

But hey, meaby is the all World that became dumb.
But hey using legible english is usually useful in a debate

Weird, being Japan a little island in the side of the globe, and USA being 5 times bigger.

Is this statement supposed to annoy me? as i said before I'm Vietnamese-Dutch.

Or meaby we are all stupid and you are the only smart guy in the World.
"meaby" I am, "meaby" I am
There are some people who prefers characters who go over 50 years and never end or even die.

Ever heard of Captain Marvel or Kraven?

But it's fine by me. I ussually don't talk about subjects i don't know shit.

But it's fine by me. I usually don't talk to 'tards who don't know shit

Edited by blaze byrne

Fantastic Forum looks more like politics every day. I blame the civil war.

Beast is catlike, has been for years now. Any artist can change it up, or you can watch the odl cartoons and be happy he's even alive in this timeline, assuming he survives "unstoppable". but if you really think that outweighs Grant's work, you should really read it and shut your piehole, cause New X-Men was gold and craps on your favorite X-book from a high place.

I add Absolute Sandman courtesy of Newt, but updated collection pics will wait till i read the $5 trade tables at megacon.

that was fun.

so umm yeah, I have like thousands of books between the husband and I.

Sip is comming to an end.

Preacher (duh)

V for Vendetta

The Watchmen

Dark knight Returns

are some of my faves. I need new books as well, I liked Dangergirl- it was a fun read. gen 13 as well. I honestly haven't read much since 02 or so.

i have to agree with comments on bad art. part of the joy of reading is you get some eye candy as well. Manga is not my thing either, unless it's a movie of some sort.

ohhh damnit! that reminds me...Liberty meadows!

Cho

*swoons*

Edited by Dr.Girlfriend

id argue neither of you have read good manga then 's all. There's some amazing art in some - Akira, Berserk, numerous other works - and a great deal of crap, much like the hordes of american books that look desperately like Jim Lee/Mcfarlane 90's work.

anyway, dont be too quick to dismiss an entire art style for its stereotypes.

Dust off your Marvel encyclopedia cocksucker. The current Kraven's actually the son of the original. Check out Spectacular Spiderman #252 for the full scoop. And anyone's read a marvel comic inna last 20 years(assuming said parties don't just put Stark-style moes on all the characters before making bibs out've the issues) knows the Original Marvel died of cancer & the current/cancelled incarnation that is again, his son Genis. The Kraven thing's an honest mistake, but Marvel & his boy're like chalk & cheese.* Just thought you should know that before you tried an intellectual overstance on Boogie or anyone else here.

On the matter of Manga/anime though? Those sorta figures are the same reason Mohamed's the most common name in the world.

*Boy is my face red after reading those CW the return spoilers...

Edited by Skeeter

Dust off your Marvel encyclopedia cocksucker. The current Kraven's actually the son of the original. Check out Spectacular Spiderman #252 for the full scoop. And anyone's read a marvel comic inna last 20 years(assuming said parties don't just put Stark-style moes on all the characters before making bibs out've the issues) knows the Original Marvel died of cancer & the current/cancelled incarnation that is again, his son Genis. The Kraven thing's an honest mistake, but Marvel & his boy're like chalk & cheese.* Just thought you should know that before you tried an intellectual overstance on Boogie or anyone else here.

Thanks Skeet. I have'nt laughed this much in a long time.

Boogie said this

What he meant here was that american mainstream comic characters never die for good and always come back

my response was

What i meant was that there are some charcters that die and never come back, such as the original Captain Marvel and the original Kraven.

Why would you think I'd try to corroborate his statement?

Ons in bold are updated

Here's my collection so far,

Nowhere near as extensive as many of ye'rs.

But it's got some goodin's

Here goes:

Ultimate Spiderman Vol. 1-9

Ultimate X-Men Vol. 1-2

Days Of Future Past

Supreme Power Vol. 1-3

Origin

End

Marvels

Powerless

Other

Preacher Vol. 1-9

Punisher Vol. 1 HC - Ennis and Dillon

Punisher MAX Vol.1-2

Punisher MAX Born

Punisher vs Batman

Age Of Apocalypse Vol.1-2

Watchmen

V For Vendetta

Swamp Thing Vol. 1-2

The Dark Night Returns

Arkham Asylum

World Without Superman

Superman - Red Son

Lex Luther - Man Of Steel

Sandman Vol. 1

The Originals

The Crow

Sin City Vol. 1-5

Thanks Boogie.

I bought the originals with very high expectations, and i have to say i was dissapointed by it.

with the great reviews it got by none other than frank miller an the fact that it was created by half of the watchmen team,

I was expecting a lot from this book, what i got was book trying to be more intelleigent than it was.

I'm not saying it's a bad book, but it's not brilliant either.

There are many many books worth getting before this.

SO I'm guessing The Originals is an Alan Moore book? 'Cause I'm completely reconciled with the fact that I am only ever going to get any AM book on some base level falling well-short of the intended message.

Nope it's written by Dave Gibbons.

Come on now Skeet...you..you get stuff

Ok thanks for the advice. I was thinking in buying it, but now I can wait and buy some other books...Like Runaways or some Sin city trades...

You really can't go wrong with Sin City

Because I don't feel like writing down what I have I'll post a pic

HC

PICT0732.jpg

SC

PICT0733.jpg

Let's see what I add after the con.

Just.... Awesome man!! :FHD: ... A fucking great collection!!! I liked a lot of things you have there newtype. Very nice, the HC of Sin city and the omnibus of FF and X-men...

ASC, yep it's about time of having the Tpb's of Sin City. I'm always reading it from a friend who lend me the comics...

Boogie, we both gonna make out way over to Miami & you can hold Newt down while I loot his shit. we'll split if 60/40 yeah?

I'ma hurt my back moving all those heavy, heavy HCs, hence the uneven split to cover chiro. And don't even try claiming Newt can fight. Jax told me Newt just rolls over like a little girl any time you growl at him like Wolverine or someshit.