Hondo's Bar

Your collection

The NZA

id argue neither of you have read good manga then 's all. There's some amazing art in some - Akira, Berserk, numerous other works - and a great deal of crap, much like the hordes of american books that look desperately like Jim Lee/Mcfarlane 90's work.

anyway, dont be too quick to dismiss an entire art style for its stereotypes.

Ok i'll say it,

you were right, i was wrong.

Just downloaded the first 14 volumes of lone wolf and cub. (Don't worry, if it's as good as it looks, i'll be buying 'em all)

now THIS is real art and real manga.

a'thank you nick, i'll heed your suggestions from now on.

Edited by alive she cried

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

so, id added the Walking Dead HC and Absolute Sandman vol 1 to my shit, as well as some Berserk manga & others, DD and Moon Knight TPBs from Megacon, where i shoulda grabbed Nextwave HC and taken Newt's advice on that Walt Simonson Thor HC to boot, but i was cheap having just got a TV.

Speakin of newt, he's got my copy of the complete Miller DD HC, cant wait for that. Id orderd that massive Ultimate Spider-Man HC (the one barnes & noble did that included like the first 6 trades, up to venom?) offa half.com for like $30 but it never showed... :wink:

Anyway, im begging to think ill never find Cap: Man Without a Country for less than $40, same goes for anything from Scud The Dispoable Assasin, but ill keep looking.

Yeah I've really gotta get back into the books. I haven't even bought comics since the end of Civil War, and even in those heady days I was only shelling for the staple titles. What I'm spending on games right now though? Fuck-all too. Alana & the wedding-monster eats all my fucking income. I was gonna go hog-wild on Amazon but apparently their shipping is through the roof. So what's a girl to do?

• 4 weeks later...

Added SC:

The Escapist

Epicurus The Sage

Penny Arcade vol 1-2-3

Y: The last man vol 9

Dmz vol 2

Batman: A death in the family

Starwars Legacy

The life an death of captain Marvel

Universe X Vol 2

Paradise X vol 1-2

Secret wars (The one from the 80s)

Nick Fury vs Shield

The Pulse Vol 2

The Amazing Spider-man: Civil war

Captain America: Civil war

Added HC:

Thor Visionaries: Walter Simonson

Spider-man: Death of the Stacys

Daredevil Omnibus

The Amazing Spider-man Omnibus

Runaways Vol 3

Ultimate X-men vol 4

Elektra and Wolverine: The Redeemer

Daredevil and Elektra: Love and war

Annihilation vol 1-2

Eternals

Batman: Arkham Asylum

The walking dead vol 2

The deadman Collection (Sign copy By Neal Adams limited to 199 copys and I have #2. How sweet is that.)

Motherfucker.....

I got all this extra green but I don't wanna buy any more comics 'cause shipping them up here alone cost an arm and a leg. Is Y #9 new? I might have to break down and get that one...oh and Runaways #3. WHY MUST YOU TEMPT ME?!

Y #9 came out last week. Why must I tempt you is cause I can an will.

Fuck it. I'm going to the mall tomorrow to get new kicks, a little look-see in Barnes and Noble won't be too bad right.....right....?

Also is that Escapist one the BKV mini, 'cause if I have to buy that too you're paying shipping.

Nice on Epicurus The Sage. Sam Kieth and nude well-built women rock my world como Miguel Jacksony.

Fuck it. I'm going to the mall tomorrow to get new kicks, a little look-see in Barnes and Noble won't be too bad right.....right....?

Also is that Escapist one the BKV mini, 'cause if I have to buy that too you're paying shipping.

Nice on Epicurus The Sage. Sam Kieth and nude well-built women rock my world como Miguel Jacksony.

The Escapist book I have came out 2004. It's a bunch of short storys by a bunch of different artist an writers. I plan on picking up Vol 2-3 soon case it's a great read. Vol #3 was done by Will Eisner.

The Amazing Adventures of the Escapist

P.S When are you moving anyway.

Edited by newtype

Idd like to echo the "motherfucker!' sentiment. Some great pics, Newt.

Epicurus The Sage

Good for you! great book, man.

Secret wars (The one from the 80s)

That's awesome, is the TPB hard to find? Id love to get that one back, prolly that and Infinity Gauntlet one day. Also, how is Nick Fury vs Shield? I never did read that.

Good work on the Civil War ones, i saw the softcover for the core book and was tempted, im holding out for a fullsize one, HC or not, with Illuminati and those issues of Amazing Spidey, the core book, and "Confesion" and "Casualties of War", that's all i really need to hold onto.

Added HC:

That one form the con? Remind me, was it volume 1 or 2? Cause as i understand it, the entire Ragnarok arc spanned 2 books.

Daredevil Omnibus

The Amazing Spider-man Omnibus

Awesome for those. Ive never read Deadman but you cant go wrong with Neal Adams.

Im gonna look for a good pre-order on Ultimates vol 2 HC online soon. Id like to add that, Captain America: Man Without a Country, Winter Soldier (is it really only offered in 2 books?), DD: Devil in Cell Block D, the elusive Scud books, and since my @#$%in Half.com order got cancelled, the Ultimate Spider-Man collection. Any date forthcoming on Absolute Sandman vol 2?

I'll drop of Nick Fury vs Shield at your place on the 28th.

That one form the con? Remind me, was it volume 1 or 2? Cause as i understand it, the entire Ragnarok arc spanned 2 books.

Yeah thats the one from the con. As far as I know there's only one.

Ultimates vol 2 HC may come out Sep or Nov.

Winter Soldier is 2 books.

Nothing on Absolute Sandman vol 2 so far.

P.S Anybody seen Skeeter?