Hondo's Bar

Spider-Man 3

how you mean? if Venom's on board, that's gotta be symbiote im lookin at...or, do you mean "are they gonna go to space for it, or will it be biological, bendis-like?" cause if so, im askin that one too.

I just hope when Venom gets it, its a big-ass white spider on a black mass.

Unless it's just something weird brought back by Jameson Jr on the shuttle (isn't that how it happened in the cartoon?) I can't see them going to space with it. I think aliens is just a little too out there, even for this series. But who knows. Rumor is that whenever Pete does get ahold of the symbiote, it bonds to his costume, not to his skin - hence the same exact costume with a color change. Personally it doesn't impress me, and I'll just say it once - what made Spidey's symbiote black costume so cool in the first place (for me anyway) was its sleekness, it's cleanness, it's simple design. Seeing the same exact costume as the first two movies in a different color just doesn't excite me. To be honest, it seems kinda lazy. But that's just me.

Hmm...I was hoping they would include Dr. Connors as the Lizard, seeing as he appeared in SM2, and he could even have had something to do with creating the symbiote. I'm less than psyched about Sandman, but I guess it will make for some crazy CGI effects for me to hate, and everyone else to love. :mumble:

Shit, but that costume looks fucking cool.

Holy shit that looks so fuckin' cool. Let's hope this is the Sinister Six movie.

...seriously? They've only introduced two villains and they're both dead. Ok, if they cheat and come back to life, they're joined here by confirmed Venom and Sandman...that's four. If they really wanted to stretch I guess they could use Jameson Jr as...what is he, Man-Wolf or something? That's five. I suppose the Black Cat rumors could end up being true, and that would be six - though not the type of Sinister Six I remember having. No, no way. Six is too many villains for me. Even Batman & Robin wasn't stupid enough to cram that many villains into one movie.

they've basically just photoshopped the original costume into black/white...

with traces of blue.

Exactly!

Look, I can do it too!

spidey.jpg

That said, it is an awesome image, I just hope it turns out to be a cooler colored pic of Spidey in his normal costume, instead of representing a new costume.

i agree with SB, its why im hoping for a simple, cool look for Venom at least. I figure they simply didnt wanna let go of Spidey's costume design, which is indeed awesome, but yeah we did see it 2 movies now so i woudlve been down for the first half of this one lookin more like this:

spidy_black.jpg

Well, what I mean is this: in the comics, didn't Spiderman get the Symbiote during the Secret Wars, when he lost his costume? (or has that been changed during some continuity change?). Will they use the cartoon explanation, since they've already introduced J. Jonah Jameson's astronaut son?

no, youre right, it comes from the original Secret War (which i liked, was a fun book). SB's also right about the simpler cartoon explanatoin, and though JJ's son is present, i too just dont see it...Bendis' take in Ultimate Spidey, involving the death of Peter's parents, cures for cancer, Brock as a contemporary & childhood friend, a sense of destiny etc - really worked for me, more so that introducing aliens here would.

no, youre right, it comes from the original Secret War (which i liked, was a fun book). SB's also right about the simpler cartoon explanatoin, and though JJ's son is present, i too just dont see it...Bendis' take in Ultimate Spidey, involving the death of Peter's parents, cures for cancer, Brock as a contemporary & childhood friend, a sense of destiny etc - really worked for me, more so that introducing aliens here would.

Sorry I haven't read Marvel comics in a long while. What's this whole Ultimates thing?

And yeah, Secret War was fun. Ever see the "What If" issues that took a look at the possibility that they had never been able to leave "Battle World"?

nah, was that any good? i used to love "What If" books.

Ultimate is a line Marvel created around 2001 or so to re-launch some of its flagship titles without 400+ previous issues of continuity to dance around; Ultimate Spider-Man was the first book, followed later by Ultimate X-Men and such. USM paired up & coming writer Brian Micheal Bendis with one of my favorite Spidey artists, Mark Bagley, and the team's been on it since, with the book going into 90 issues or so in the coming year. Its a great stand-alone book if you enjoy good spidey stories with good art...anyway, the Venom arc happend in like # 30 or 40 something, and it told a version of the symbiote that tied a young Eddie Brock's family to Peter's more, and the symbiote was more a biological construct meant for a number of purposes, including curing cancer, as i recall, but things of course went badly. It was a pretty cool take on it, i thought, and could realy work here in the film.

NBA Superstar Shaquille O'Neal is Kazaam, a larger-than-life genie with a magic touch for nostop fun laughter!  After 5,000 long years of captivity, Kazaam is set free to grant three wishes to a new master.  From then on, he's catapulted to one wild adventure after another... from becoming the latest rap sensation or untangling an outrageous mob scheme! As the giant genie with an attitude, Shaq scores big laughs in this hilarious comedy hit that's sure to be a slam-dunk winner with everyone!

Archived