Hondo's Bar

Snakes on a plane

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

etc, cause i assume mr. ex is down. anyway, me and sen are in, you get tickets yet jax?
Awesome, Pancho is confirmed for that time.

You would have had good reason to assume mr ex was down, because I told you he was. However, I just talked to him and supposedly he's scheduled to work at that time on Friday. He tried to get me to change it to Friday night. As if he didn't know that you (Nick) has worked every friday for like two years or some shit.

He's trying to change his work scheduled, but has yet to call me back, so Mr Ex is officially on teh unconfirmed list. So far it's just:

Jax

Sen

Cowboy

I wanted to wait on getting a semi-accurate RSVP from the group before buyign the tickets, btu fuck it, I'll check if they're refundable,a dn iof they are, I'll just buy liek ten or soemthing.

Aight, I have 10 tickets for Snakes on a Plane at 10:30pm on Thursday Night here at the Beach. Nick has ivulged to be that Lindsay expressed interest in free smoothies. Here's the deal with that:

I have all of Thursday off, and Friday morning off. If people can make it out to the Beach early for whatever (hanging out, playing Guitar Hero, getting a bite to eat), if yall are out here before 8pm, smoothies will be gratis. Also, hanging out after ways for a bite to eat, Guitar Hero, etc would be cool too, but I know it's a weeknight and people got work (and Nick has a test).

I get the feeling like no one in Miami but Nick is reading this thread.

I'm reading this thread!!!

Free smoothie? THe one with the chocolate and peanut butter mixed!?!?!?

I'm sooooo there.

I'm sure we can swing by get a smoothie chill for a bit and watch this movie. Doesn't sound like a bad idea at all...

So who else is coming?

Don't be sellouts! Come on!!!

Well, I'd recommend you just stay on the Beach after finishing up work. Leaving work ont eh Beach at 5pm only to return before 8pm makes no sense. If you wanna change clothes, plan now to bring a change of clothes with ya to work tomorrow. Still got no confirmed other than Nick and Sen, but I stopped giving a shit yesterday. I bought 10 tickets, I can get a refund for as may of them as I want. I'm tired of trying to make this shit happen. If I cna to work to get people excited about Snakes on a Plane, this country is in big trouble. I mean, hello people! It's Snakes...On..A..Plane!

This movie is hyped! I'm shocked that the head of my department at work is talking about this movie! This man is like the big hancho guy(Art)! Funny shit!

Art: Kerstin, I Heard you saw snakes on a plane!!?? Was it funny!?

Me: It's ridiculously bad funny. I mean, Only Sam Jackson could make this movie work.

Art: yeah CNBC is talking about. THe whole department has to come with me to see this movie!

I emailed my department the link to the prank call joke and they are loving this shit.

haha. I can't believe this movie is THAT hyped.

i cant believe Sam made this work; the name, the fan shit, the hype he put into it (i agree with jax, that phone thing was genius marketing shit).

But he did. It was just as bad/good as youd expect, just as ridiculous, and you coudlnt help but fucking laugh at the constant low-brow shit (snakes bite all the places you woudlnt want snakes biting you), and with lines like:

"I had to do it [putting snakes on said plane]; we'd exhausted all other options!"

it was hard not to like. I bet Jackson's still laughing his ass off with his friends, and after all the duds he's been in in recent times, he's entiteld to have some fun with it too. I enjoyed it, tho it mayve been just shy of his promise of being the greatest movie ever filmed. Much love to El Jax.

Dsc01176.jpg

Much love right back to you and Curtains. There's no denying there was alot of selling out that night. Not by you two, but by people who weren't you two. Anyway, it's not important, and there's no point in dwelling on it. The point is selling out was done by all, except Nick and Curtains. Nick and Curtains did not sell out. Everybody else did. But that's besides the point. The point is, I'm going on the public record to say Nick and Curtains did not not not sell out. All people in the subset {not Nick, Curtains, and Jax} did not not not not sell out. But I digress. The issue of importance right now is that we were really really sold out. By sell outers. Sell outers that sell out. Alot.

Edited by Jack's Meandering Thoughts

but...but the beach is so far!

You need to see the Wiki page on this one.

I'm here tonight to present the award everyone's been waiting for: best movie. Now, this award holds a special place in my heart because next year I'll be winning it for Snakes on a Plane. Now I know, I know that sounds cocky, but I don't give a damn. I am guaranteeing that Snakes on a Plane will win best movie next year. Does not matter what else is coming out. The New James Bond... no snakes in that! Ocean's 13... where my snakes at? Shrek the Third... green, but not a snake. No movie shall triumph over Snakes on a Plane. Unless I happen to feel like making a movie called Mo' Motha-fuckin' Snakes on Mo' Motha-fuckin' Planes.

Featuring soundtrack details, and links like Snakes who missed the plane (makes me sad). The fake trailer is also excellent..fuck, we need those shirts.

Snakes is at 62% at rottentomatoes.com, a pretty good score. Seems more people got it than I thought would. This guy got it right:

"If loving S.O.A.P. is wrong, I don't want to be right." & "You'll have to wait most of the movie before he finally delivers the mother#$%@ing line of the summer, but when he does, you'll be proud to be an American."

- Kyle Smith, NEW YORK POST

Edited by Jack's Meandering Thoughts

Much love right back to you and Curtains. There's no denying there was alot of selling out that night. Not by you two, but by people who weren't you two. Anyway, it's not important, and there's no point in dwelling on it. The point is selling out was done by all, except Nick and Curtains. Nick and Curtains did not sell out. Everybody else did. But that's besides the point. The point is, I'm going on the public record to say Nick and Curtains did not not not sell out. All people in the subset {not Nick, Curtains, and Jax} did not not not not sell out. But I digress. The issue of importance right now is that we were really really sold out. By sell outers. Sell outers that sell out. Alot.

You're hilarious when you're hurt Jax. Don't be too harsh... I'm sure people didn't think the movie was going to be that much fun, as for Panch, he really wanted to come out but couldn't cuz of work.

but...but the beach is so far!

You need to see the Wiki page on this one.

Featuring soundtrack details, and links like Snakes who missed the plane (makes me sad). The fake trailer is also excellent..fuck, we need those shirts.

Jaysus, Nick and his wikipedia! I'm going to nominate him for most obsessed on next year's awards.

It's the snakes!