Hondo's Bar

Final Fantasy VII Remake

BaKa_nO_kUrO_nEkO

Well, FFXII is by the tactics guy so that has a lot of promise, early word is it kicks ass and got a perfect score in Famitsu, but that may not necessarily mean much as the reviewers for that mag are kinda wonky. Still, 12 at the very least should be a unigue FF because after it was made, a bunch of the team left Square for Mistwalker.

I know everyone and their mother is supposedly salivating for an FFVII remake on PS3, but honestly, I kinda wouldn't care. I played through VII twice, and while it was great, I dunno if I would want to do it again some 10 years later, when the story isn't as fresh.

That and after watching Advent Children and playing the Kingdom Hearts games, I know one thing. Tetsuya Nomura is a fucking hack. I'd hate to see what storyline changes he would put into the remake that would make it worse.

im still waiting to see advent children, ive heard mixed things about it, but one consistant thing was the appearent lack of storyline...

kinda makes me not want to see it

but im quite hopeful for xii, from what ive read about it, it seems a lot more expansive and realistic than the rest of them

and thankfully, less linear than ten....

im still waiting to see advent children, ive heard mixed things about it, but one consistant thing was the appearent lack of storyline...

kinda makes me not want to see it

but im quite hopeful for xii, from what ive read about it, it seems a lot more expansive and realistic than the rest of them

and thankfully, less linear than ten....

Go in expecting the cg to be really pretty. You shouldn't be disappointed on that, at least.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm an all out FF fan since my parents had the original FF 1 for Nintendo. I love all the games with all their different aspects and defects. I couldn't possibly pick a fav. I own all the games; even the ones for the gameboy and of course many wallscrolls, resin statues, the anime, Spirits Within movie, and Advent Children.

Does anyone know where I can get the Victory Fanfare from Advent Children ringtone? You know, the one from Loz's cell phone? I sooooo what that ringtone!

haha...its in the same vein, dont take it to heart.

Elly - welcome back! and that ringtone, i got it from bluetoothing the .wav to myself from my PC...there's free ones if you google search for it, but theyre not as high quality...

haha...its in the same vein, dont take it to heart.

Elly - welcome back! and that ringtone, i got it from bluetoothing the .wav to myself from my PC...there's free ones if you google search for it, but theyre not as high quality...

:2T: Interesting. I got my bluetooth like a month or so ago... I have no idea how to do that though. Of course I have the song on my PC. So instructions on the how would be wonderful, IC.

Hm.... The ever so wonderful and epic Final Fantasy Series.

FFVII - Was the first FF game I played and beat. SO to me it was one of the best. The materia usage was very cool. Story was unforgettable. Ohh man, I remember I was addicted to playing at the golden saucer... hahah silly snow board game. Also, the music was just outstanding, hell I still enjoy listening to it.

FFVIII - I thought was cute cuz of the lil romance behind it. Gameplay was alright> for a while I got hooked on that card game and tried to pick up all rare cards...haha. MOvie shots were supppper cool.

FFIX - I acutally enjoyed. In a way I thought was way too easy, which kind of threw me off. I liked the character design becuase it was different. Plot wise was interesting. I like the small side quests and the auctions.

FFX - Man I was dissapointed. I was all about it till the end. Freagin' Titus was gay to me. Aaron was fucking cooler. Lulu made me jealous. >_

Well, FF1 is the original so its cool just because of that but the original for nintendo was sooooo annoying. I mean, you would walk up to the icon of the stairs, open up your menu, scroll down to where it says stairs, and press the accept button just to go upstairs! The same for the talk command. The new version for the PS is much more user friendly.

FF2 is ok. Same basic stuff; new version for PS is better but this was also released earlier for PS as FF4.

FF3 is great. I love the multiple storylines of each and every character and how they split up to travel different parts of the FF world while still being part of the complete team. The new version for the PS (FF6) has pretty CGs that make it even more entertaining. Locke was cute! :2T:

FF4 was FF2

FF5 I never got around to finishing... I should get back on that....

FF6 was FF3

So technically, there are only 4 games between FF1- FF6... does that mean the FF7 should really be FF5 and that FF10 should be FF 8.... :) That's funny... Whatever.... it's just some stuff I've thought about. That's probably why FF7 was the first FF game for many people. I love my FF7! Tifa kicks ass. I think I'm gonna put her back on my sig....

HEY IC!

Don't forget about me and my fanfare info! :ok:

FF1 was great for its time. I think it was the first JRPG with a full party, and had some great graphics at the time. Lotsa fun, and hella tough at times.

FF2 (NOT FF4) was the first FF game with an intricate plot. The first game with an evil empire, it was alright, had an interesting levelling system, but I never beat it. I played the PS1 version.

FF3 (NOT FF6) was the first FF to use the Job class system later used in FFV, FFTactics, and FFX-2, it was from my understanding pretty sweet, and is considered a fan favorite. Never played it though.

FF4 (US FF2) was an amazing game at the time, it had incredible graphics, one hell of a story and was a lot of fun. I can see more flaws in it now, but hey, the game is like 15 years old.

FF5 (US FF5) I was pissed when this game got cancelled. I remember personally bitching at Ted Woosley on a compuserve forum when it got canceled. They just figured there wasn't a market. Still, the game was AWESOME, it used the job class system well, and while you didn't have the variation in characters that you did in 4 it was still sweet. Not to mention it has some of the best music in FF history, "My Home, Sweet Home" is amazing.

FF6 (FF3): I remember the first time I played this game, when I saw the Magitek mechs walking across the snow I was in fucking awe. Great story, great gameplay, and a ton of characters make this arguably the best FF game ever. Kefka is one of the best villains ever, and the overall dark tone of the story was never copied as well as FF6. Great fucking game.

FF6 (FF3): I remember the first time I played this game, when I saw the Magitek mechs walking across the snow I was in fucking awe. Great story, great gameplay, and a ton of characters make this arguably the best FF game ever. Kefka is one of the best villains ever, and the overall dark tone of the story was never copied as well as FF6. Great fucking game.

My Favorite FF. This game is the Tits.

Final Fantasy 3/6 was groundbreaking, i liked the way everyone had their own specific role and they could only use certain types of things

it really paved the way for the weapon system in ff7

kefka was the shit (tits)

he beat sephiroth hands down, who in the end of it all was somewhat of a pussy protected by jenova and a mutated form of himself....

it was possibly the hardest of the lot (barring one... which was near impossible and still to this day i find taxing)

but it was brilliant how at the start they built up your hopes that its going to be an easy ride when you have the tek-armour and the intensely strong attacks for such an early stage and they give you a virtual kick in the sack and dump you out on your own.....

so much to love about the game like the blitz limit breaks....

i could go on but i am totally rambling now at this stage....

coming to think of it, six is rivalling seven, but i dont think it will ever beat it... after all, i spent the majority of one summer writing a 3mb text walkthrough on seven for all the plebians who need an easy way out i got that bored.....

looking at this... i really need to learn how to paragraph and not rant

Edited by the division of joy

I'm not a huge fan of the Final Fantasy games, I've enjoyed following the stories while watching someone else play, but as actual games number crunching RPGs are just spreadsheets with dragons.

And even as a David Bowie fan, I still can't work out what he's doing in a Final Fantasy game.

ff6kefka.jpg

David-Bowie-Ashes-To-Ashes-34635.jpg

Bowie cast "ashes to ashes" takes number one in the Hit Parade.

• 7 months later...
How to ressurect Aeris

its about 10 years late, but, im sure its all true.

I dunno, I kinda have trouble believing that no one would have found this before now. I mean people have ripped the script of FFVII before, and other shit, I figure this would have come up. Not to mention that pictures are easily photoshopped. Any other verification of this?

That, and if you res Aeris, she can't get more screentime than 90% of the characters in Advent Children.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4831-gametop_4831_finalfantasyretrospective.jpg

The Final Fantasy Retrospective

Wow...up to part VII right now, this is a great look back at the series...thanks again to bish & newt.

i had no idea FF 1 came out 2 days before Phantasy Star 1, that's crazy. Also, VI = still the best.

I'm up to VI right now, and I am seriously enjoying this! I learned a lot of interesting facts about all the Final Fantasy games that I had never known before! I can't wait to see the rest.