Hondo's Bar

Final Fantasy VII Remake

BaKa_nO_kUrO_nEkO

• 6 months later...

this > VII.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36TdZx8VgbA?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36TdZx8VgbA?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36TdZx8VgbA?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

this > VII.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36TdZx8VgbA?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36TdZx8VgbA?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36TdZx8VgbA?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

You are correct sir. Also, seeing that performed live was AMAZING. :love:

Edited by Bindusara

• 1 year later...

Why redo what is already perfect? How can they ever hope to make it better? Like adding a mouth is gonna change any of the gameplay. So while you all sit here and go Oooh and Aaah, when it comes out you'll be like

"Yah it looks good, but it still plays the same! Besides FF3, I mean 6 err 5, ahh whatever theyre all better than 7 anyways, why don't they redo 5 or 6 in HD graphics??"

Except it isn't perfect because it looks like a pile of puke.

I'm hard pressed to think of any game that couldn't be improved, however slightly, by having better graphics. As long as the gameplay isn't changed, can it really be worse?

It's not the same as, say, colorizing old movies.

Personally I wanna FF9 remake. I say why not remake all of em to bring them to current gamers. I don't think there are alot of young people that don't play old games, but somebody now spoiled by ps2 graphics and later may not even bother with this stuff.

Well they COULD redo some of FF8, I wouldn't mind that, like maybe add a GOOD ending, and get rid of the damn cards for spells and such. But I think part of the charm of ff7 IS the graphics. If you are so turned off by the older style graphics that you won't play the game for that reason alone, then frankly go fuck yourselves. That being said, I would play an ff7 remake with HD graphics, I am not against it, I just think it is unnecessary.

Why redo what is already perfect?

pYQYO.gif

still, your idea of remaking some other ones is good. i liked IV remade to HARD AS BALLS DS edition, was hoping V & VI would see that treatment eventually. i love em but i cant see them getting entire 3D makeovers.

Personally I wanna FF9 remake

this would be so great, been meaning to replay this one for years - but i guess IX being billed as an old-school sendoff made it a less worthy candidate than X, which honestly wasnt bad but ive still no idea who asked for that remake

Wow. They clearly do not know what boobs look like.

u7v0z.jpg

Well they COULD redo some of FF8, I wouldn't mind that, like maybe add a GOOD ending, and get rid of the damn cards for spells and such. But I think part of the charm of ff7 IS the graphics. If you are so turned off by the older style graphics that you won't play the game for that reason alone, then frankly go fuck yourselves.

man, i remember thinking VIII's ending was one of its few highlights, that's weird. also:

vhH6J.png

i know this is all subjective, but early 3D ages like ass to me. the CG's look great, in game not so much. i know im old school, but even the SNES pixels were somewhat favorable to the polygon character designs of much of VII's characters in-game. this era would shine from a Crisis Core type makeover more than PS2 ones would.

FF5, 7, 8, 9 and Tactics are up on PSN. Ten bucks each MAX.

As to the ending of ff8 I just didn't like that it was mainly scrolling text. It ended well, just seemed anti-climactic after the ending 7 had.

I do have to add, after watching that little FF7Remake trailer, I like the idea of sorta a action/rpg element to the battles. And the looting of each character was kinda nifty, though I think that would get old after the 10th random battle or so. But instead of making a new HD ff7 why doesn't someone go back and make ff7 using ff6 sprite type graphics? That I would love to see.

Well unlike FF7 I have only seen ff8's ending once. And that was a friend beating it for me so I could see the game. I lost my save on disc 4 and didn't have the time to go back and redo the 60+ hours I had invested in it. I just mainly remember being dissapointed in how they did the ending. I wanted some big epic cut scene and it wasn't. And now that you mention it I vaguely remember a 2d FF7 project way back when. I guess it didn't go anywhere. Though it seems like it would be easier to do a 2D remake than a 3D remake from the ground up.

Ooh I know...FF7:Source using Gary's Mod! :headbang:

baytor - was IX really buggy?

Every copy I've played just doesn't handle the movies very well, admittedly this may be the fault of the PS2 but I know I always have to skip the cinematic where you're running out of the forest as it's becoming petrified and it often freezes toward the end of disc one, which is infuriating since you can't proceed without that last little bit. I recall other cinematics bricking the game from time to time as well.