Hondo's Bar

Final Fantasy VII Remake

BaKa_nO_kUrO_nEkO

It looks like a mod for FFXV. Not saying thats a bad thing, i loved that game but you can tell that's what they seem to be basing the game on. Honestly if it cleans up the story and is fun ill dig it. Just not sure how hardcore 7 fans will feel about it. 

Some valid concerns there. Really hoping they can pull off enriching the story even more though. That said, I'm really worried about the episodic format. If ep 1 is gonna take this long, when do we even get a finished game here? 

• 5 weeks later...

That's a tough question. This is looking like a completely different game mechanically. In the end, if you like a story driven rpg (albeit quite dated translation wise) give the original a go. Hell, i say do it any way since you can find it on literally any platform now. That said, storywise, yeah you should be able to enjoy this one without having played the original. Should be a good starting point for new players.

This one is looking alot more hack n slash than I anticipated. Not saying thats bad, because it looks damn fun, its just alot different. Still not sold on the two disc thing, but if anything its looking like a damn good time. 

• Thanks 1

Basically the Parasite Eve and FFXV battle system fucked and this is the baby of that. 

..not a bad thing TBH.

I think if you've never played FF7 this is looking like the game to play - the story will (hopefully) make way more sense and be more focused. 

• Thanks 1

So "Part 1" is going to solely cover the events in Midgar, which is MAYBE the first 10% of the original game (and that's probably generous).  It seems that they intend to pad out that portion to offer a full experience, but man, if this is the approach, it's going to take a decade or more to finish the full Remake.  We'll probably need a re:remake of the Midgar section before the whole thing is done!!  

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Demo is out in case you missed it. And it's really fun. Though, I really hope they fix some of the camera issues. But overall it's fun as hell, and quite challenging too! For me at least. Might just be the new control scheme. 

• Wow! 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

didn't get a chance to play tonight, but I'm at chapter 7 and absolutely loving this so far - yeah, there's definitely padding (it's an FF after all) but there's so much more character here, from making cloud himself actually compelling (something i thought crisis core honestly did a better job with at times) to the members of avalanche. it's crazy to fall in love with this game all over again, after nearly decades of arguing the originals hype (but not impact)

meanwhile, those holding out for the PC port, there's a new mod to replay the original with 

• Like 1

I'm watching the credits roll now. I have.... thoughts. 

Not bad ones really. But it's a Nomura game.... Dude likes to be as out there as Kojima sometimes it seems. I'll come back with spoiler tags and whatnot when I can process it more. 

Initially thought though? Damn that was good, and I can't wait for the rest. 

• Wow! 1