Hondo's Bar

E3 2006

bishopcruz

The E3 Poll  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Looks like there is a lot of FF coming. Am I only one who is a little annoyed at the lack of NEW interesting shit coming from Square?

Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus, currently looking at August 22, 2006.

Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis - You'll take your Final Fantasy VII on your phone and like it!

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core - Discover the historic secrets of FFVII on your PSP!

Final Fantasy XII for the PS2, finally dated for October 2006. Finally!

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers (Nintendo Wii) Short CG trailer, looking good for fans of the mutliplayer FF.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (Nintendo DS) I think Crystal Chronicles would be

perfect for the DS.

Final Fantasy V and VI for the GBA, they're running out of sprites!

Final Fantasy III for the DS, first time in the U.S. and has a look all its own.

They forgot to mention FFXIII, FF Agito XIII, and FF Versus XIII. So the next FF will be an RPG, an Action Game, and a Cell Phone MMO.

I cant see the pic, but i dont see why it woudlnt happen, albeit later - the series has already bracnhed out to all 3 consoles, dont see why it wouldnt happen, unless youre hopin for a simutaneous release?

Any more big names opening for PS3? Im hyped as any for MGS4, but i need a few more for a $600 price tag.

I cant see the pic, but i dont see why it woudlnt happen, albeit later - the series has already bracnhed out to all 3 consoles, dont see why it wouldnt happen, unless youre hopin for a simutaneous release?

Any more big names opening for PS3? Im hyped as any for MGS4, but i need a few more for a $600 price tag.

Goddamnit, i hate it when that shit happens. The image was from the Kojima Productions catalog which had a fake xbox 360 ad with the words 'Dear Mr. Kojima:' on one side, and the 360's slogan 'Jump in' on the other. Thus forming the sentence "Dear Mr. Kojima, Jump in."

e3-2006-dear-mr-kojima-jump-in-ad-2.jpg

There we go.

As far as the PS3 is concerned. Well, if Virtua FIghter 5 remains an exclusive I am going to be in a lot of pain. Tekken 5 is an exclusive, as is Devil May Cry 4, none of those were playable on the floor. Square showed some supposedly real time footage of FFXIII (which coulda been, it had menus and stuff, but they were in ENGLISH.[?]), and CG Footage of FF Versus XIII.

Playable Stuff showed:

Warhawk, (varying reports, but I will give it the benefit of the doubt and say good.)

Heavenly Sword, also good,

Sonic (also coming to 360),

Madden (ditto),

Heavy Rain (Fahrenheit sequel and also ditto),

Assassin's Creed (looks amazing, conflicting reports as to exclusivity though supposedly PS3 exclusive, version shown was supposedly RUNNING on a 360 :D),

Untold Legends (first shots looked like ass, I hear it looks much better now so it might be one to watch.)

Genji 2 (Looked like absolute ASS)

John Woo's Stranglehold (also coming to 360, could be cool, looks pretty sweet)

Grab Turisimo HD (GT4 in 1080p)

those are the ones I can think of for now. I've missed a few but those are the ones that most people were talking about. Not a whole hell of a lot of exclusives outside of Sony developed stuff. Same is pretty much true on 360. As for Final Fantasy, I want to be excited for it, but it's looking like XII may be the last FF I care at all about. The Tactics guys were the perfect stewards of the franchise after Sakaguchi left, and well, most of that team has left Square for Mistwalker.

Proabably the only thing that will make me NEED a PS3 at this point (enough to spend 600 on one) would be Shenmue 3, and no new news is coming on that until after Shenmue Online is finally released.

Assassin's Creed (looks amazing, conflicting reports as to exclusivity though supposedly PS3 exclusive, version shown was supposedly RUNNING on a 360 :D),

This game is one I'm looking forward to. It's from the developers of PoP Sands of Time and if you saw the interview with the (pretty hot French Canadian, yay for women in the industry) producer, she said the game will be a mix of stealth, combat and La Parkour. So hopefully it will play like Prince of Persia, except you decide where you want to jump to. I'm not sure what platform I would want this to appear on. The only console I can see my self paying money for is the Wii, because it's the only one that can do things my PC can't do already.

it is? oh, you mean the controller, thats cool.

Bishop - remind me what Shenmue Online is again? MMORPG of the engine?

I wanna see more on Sonic, looked cool and i still love the franchise. I dunno, just gonna need more for the price tag....just got a ps2 back, figure itll be more into high gear by this time next year anyway.

Every site has listed Assassins Creed for the PS3 so far.

As for MGS:4 on X-box.

Speaking to Famitsu, Hideo Kojima announced that he has no plans to release Metal Gear Solid 4 on any other platform other than the PlayStation 3.

"Metal Gear Solid 4 is only scheduled for release on the PlayStation 3 at the current time," he commented. "Of course we could port it to other consoles, but doing so would require additional staff and research and development costs. If I were to make games for the Xbox 360 or the [Nintendo] Revolution, I'd rather create original titles that match each console's audience, instead of the Metal Gear Solid series."

Besides the PS3 exclusive shocker, Kojima-san also laid down high praise for both Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Nintendo's Revolution.

"As a developer, I see the three consoles as different kinds of meals," said Kojima. "The PlayStation 3 is a sumptuous feast for special occasions; the Xbox 360 is a fine Sunday dinner; and the Revolution is a rich, home-cooked supper."

"The age when people are intimidated by the transition from 2D to 3D or being able to play [games] online has ended," he said. "This is when our skills [as developers] will begin to get tested. Up until now, game making was like creating sets for movies. We prioritized on [rendering] the visible areas, and the rest was left blank. But no matter how realistic it may be, a set is still a set. So instead of a stage set, I want to make a real world. I'm planning on advancing from realism to naturalism."

Shenmue Online is an MMO, it's not even confirmed as coming out in the US, but Yu Suzuki has been working on it for a while.

As for Assassin's Creed:

It was originally announced back at the X05 event as Project Assassin, most people figure it will be a Splinter Cell style timed exclusive. The other rumors started when IGN posted this story, then removed it soon afterwords:

May 12, 2006 - Ubisoft Montreal revealed its next incredible project, Assassins: Creed, exclusively for PlayStation 3 at E3 this year, much to the delight of Sony console fans and to the dismay of Microsoft consoles fans.

A third-person action game in the vein of Prince of Persia, Ubisoft Montreal's newest title shows off the next generation with fantastic texture work, early but promising animations, and newly envisioned levels of Prince/Spider-Men climbing/traversing. But the game, officially, is strictly exclusive to PlayStation 3. Ubisoft officially would not comment on a possible Xbox 360 version.

According to sources close to the company, however, there are potential plans for an Xbox 360 version at Assassins: Creed sometime in 2007. Additionally, Microsoft sources who asked not to be mentioned by name, claimed the demo, hidden behind closed doors at E3, was running on an Xbox 360 using a third-party USB PlayStation controller. The game system was hidden in a stand covered by a sheet. Again, Ubisoft officials would not comment.

Who knows what is happening, but considering Ubisoft doesn't really DO exclusives, it's a safe bet.

MGS4 is pretty much wishful thinking on my part, but he has mentioned in other interviews that he does want to do things on the 360. Stranger shit has happened.

At the end of the Day, I figure the PS3 will still have a ton of JRPGs and Japanese games on it. The 360 will have its first party stuff and a boatload of western development. It's gonna go down to what you prefer and how much you are willing to pay for it.

Archived