Hondo's Bar

The 3rd Annual Hondo Awards

APANCHALYPSE NOW

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So there's still gonna be polls right?

Yup, the polls are coming, but I need people to send me thier lists with thier nominations! Once I get enough names then I'll make the polls!

Having said that... I'm getting alot of people sending me thier lists and each category has one or two names! I need more than that! I know it's hard coming up with places to put people, but you gotta send me at least 5, 6 names in the least! The more, the better, but DON'T send me one or two!

dammit, i thought this would be the award ceremony deviod of the words "anal" and "rapage", mebbe next year. To answer Don: i think it was last summer or so, we thought of having an official month but it bascially happnes when Panch thinks its time, since its largely his project. You might notice were using Marvel's strategy: one big event after another so people dont realize we have no idea what's goin on.

Announcement time:

Jax was concise, but some of you might not get the whole picture here: there was heat last year, and i dont think it should fall onto him cause his job is just to set up the polls and make sure everyone gets representation. What this means is you cant vote to have yourself or someone else on like every award; aside from being androgynous, there's only 8-10 spots per awward, and fewer awards this year to boot. You need to pick varying names of people and specifically where you think theyd be best - i.e., if you think I had the best thread this year, and the best username or something, 2 or 3 noms is good for anybody, think of others for other awards so there's no sweeps.

Here's what I (and by proxy, i think, :america: ) are kinda lookin for on each award:

1) Best username - dont confuse this with the member title that some of you can customize, this is just your name here at hondo's. Take a look through our member list too, we got some class names.

Best sig and avatar, you all get.

4) Best thread - youre voting for the thread here, not the person, so even if its someone you dont like, put up what you think were the best threads this year. Try to pick ones that were done since last summer or so, if you can, cause blargh is awesome but its just too old.

5) Obsessed - Dont forget to specify who, and with what. i.e, "Archangel, with Bush's dick" would be one. Just as an example.

6 & 8) Underdog & Rookie - these are important, so dont mix em up.

Rookie = Shining star, must have signed up since after last summer or so (awards 2). This is the up & comer you think could take Hondonian of the Year with more time.

Underdog = No time limit on this person at all; who do you think is quietly overlooked but awesome? For instance, some folks post in politics but not in town square so others might not really see them. Some folks are just Signal. Vote for these folks.

that's pretty much it. Remember that this is the preliminaries; youre not voting for anything yet, just getting names on the ballots. The time for supporting your friends comes later; panch needs names and places you want them to be so that no one fusses later that them being left off was a gyp.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Post em in pm. Yeah Can we have a thread/poll on a "Viewer's choice category?" chosen by the Hondonians themselves?

It could be for like anything

Like Lycoan suggesting "Town Drunk" or whatever else the members have.

That would be kinda cool.

forgot to mention: im all about campaigning. Your member title (if you can), sig, all of it is fair game to root for/campaign for you or whoever you want to win, and god knows there'll be banners.

Now, with mudslinging, i think we need only observe The law of Jax:

Foul shit some asshole said about you / how funny it was, honestly = amount of allowable offsense taken.

not to encourage mean-spirited shit...the hondo's vs knoll stuff has been a decent example.

Dont vote for Jax, because winners should bathe.

Dont vote for Jax; he worships the one-eyed yogurt slinger, and his momma wears them undies with the dickholes in 'em.

I think you all follow.

I'm nearly done with everything! Just a few more slots to fill up and the awards'll be underway! Hopefully this weekend we can start! We'll see... my buddy's in town, Da Vinci Code is out, my brother comes home sat... it'll be tough to fit it in, but I want it to go down this weekend! Stay tuned...

I'm nearly done with everything! Just a few more slots to fill up and the awards'll be underway! Hopefully this weekend we can start! We'll see... my buddy's in town, Da Vinci Code is out, my brother comes home sat... it'll be tough to fit it in, but I want it to go down this weekend! Stay tuned...

I'm terrible...

I still need to submit mine.

...Crap! Me too.

a handful of people did, but he's been busting his ass all weekend to get everybody a rightful place, was tricky fitting in the numbers and all....we've been talkin while im here at work, and its done and ready to go, this week's the week.

Archived