Hondo's Bar

THe Blood Brothers or HARDCORE???

Senshik

So As I'm writting this I'm listening to USA NAILS by the Blood Brothers. THey somewhat remind me of At the Drive In. THey all have that similar vocals with a bit of screaming in it. but man, some of the guitars are just fucking orgasmic! I dunno maybe it's just me. IC won't tap into this sort of music. It's too "metal/hardcore" for him.

Anyone else interested in the blood brothers? or maybe any other sort of hardcore/screamo? I know some of you liked At the Drive In... how about newer stuff like, anyone hear Chiodos, Alexisonfire, THe Fall of Troy, The Dillinger Escape Plan?

Anyone... :pinch:

THe blood brothers

imageResize21.jpg

Chiodos

chiodos.jpg

Alexisonfire.jpg

The Fall of Troy's lead singer

thomas.JPG

I met that dude Thomas, the lead singer for The Fall of Troy, after a show over at Naples, FL. That guy's so fucking down. He's awesome. He spent like two hours just chillin with us smoking cigs and just bullshiting, talking about what his music means and all that cool shiz.

THe dillinger Escape Plan

103-976757NEWBU.jpg

I haven't heard of most of those kids, apart from the Dillinger Escape Plan, but I'll look them up and hope they're not Emo.

Dillinger... I saw them when they supported SOAD a while back, and as much as I like heavy music, it just sounded like noise to me.

If you're into hard core I cannot recommend Drive Like Jehu and Hot Snakes, two bands with the same core members, one older, one newer, both defunct.

This is just judging on what ever I could find on the bands websites/ myspace but Chiodos don't do it for me (strangely one song of theirs reminded me of Metalica, Thin Lizzy and Iron Sword on the NES, but still managed to sound completely generic) The Fall of Troy sound like they could be have something going for them, but they've got that "I'll sing the melody," "and I'll scream and shout!" double act going on that's become about as repellent as throat singers in metal bands. The Blood Brothers actually sound alright, I don't know if I'd put them up there with At the the Drive-in, but I'll be looking out for them in future.

By not recommending Drive with Jehu and Hot Snakes, You pretty much did. Great ploy jont. They've got that hardcore/punk awesome gutair soudn that i dig. I'll check out their music in the not so distance future.

You see, with Hardcore, like those bands I mentioned, I can't really listen to it for tooooo long cuz I'll get annoyed. The screaming shouting in coherent lyrics does take away from their music. LIke I mentioned before the guitars I love. Let's see...

Chiodos is alright, check out this song called "no hardcore dancing in the living room floor", taht's the song i first heard and I thought they were alright.

Fall of Troy's got that "Tom waits" song that's pretty good

Dillinger'has that song called "43% burnt" that I dig too, if you're angry listen to it.

As for ALexisonfire, I believe they broke up... but if you want, check out these three songs> which to me are probably their best... The kennedy Curse, .44 calibor love letter, and pulmonary archery. I warn you though, lots of screaming lyrics, but awesome guitar rips

honestly, I think Hardcore is like enjoying liquorice, it's an acquired taste.

Does anyone like "coheed and cambria". They slightly resemble The mars volta... any thoughts? :pinch:

there goes any thought that you had musical taste gone...

says you. Nothing wrong with Coheed and cambria. I still preffer Mars volta though... everyone's got their tastes, kinda like you into evanesence. To me it's, Ah... Okay so no for coheed then. alright,

anyone else want to add to this list and recomend? DoJ?

i could go on for hours as to who to reccomend to you....

at the moment id say primal scream... the stranglers... aphex twin... the arcade fire... broken social scene... the mystery jets... the happy mondays... ten years after... failure.. placebo and sigur ros...

no hardcore but fuck it

and on the subject of evanescence... they may not be everyones cup of tea, but damn can that girl sing..

If you're into hard core I cannot recommend Drive Like Jehu and Hot Snakes
By not recommending Drive with Jehu and Hot Snakes, You pretty much did. Great ploy jont. They've got that hardcore/punk awesome gutair soudn that i dig. I'll check out their music in the not so distance future.
Damn, I was supposed to put the words "highly enough" into that sentence.

Wait yeah, I am the Reverse Psychology Swami and I can make any woman do my bidding.

Ever check out Billy Talent? They're a bunch of Canucks that skirt pretty close to Emo sometimes but they've got enough originality to stay the right side of the line, plus they've got nonsensical lyrics to rival ATDI ("hop in your dump truck, reverse for good luck")

Doh! See that kids? THat's what happens when you don't read thoroughly

as a matter of fact, Yeah, billy talent is tight. Fucking awesome that you like 'em too, and your sarcasm. WHat about indie rock, if you're into it, who're you fav?

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!

alright awesomness= the strokes, snow patrol, modest mouse (haven't heard much, but the bit I did was good)... and i'll try that i forward Russia,

what about Interpol? Spoon? no likes?

forward russia are pretty decent, i saw them when they supported biffy clyro... and interpol are awesome... ive seen them twice... once when they supported coldplay and another time at oxegen.... they put on one heck of a performance and theyve one of the best bassists ive seen around....

anyone ever hear of a band called oceansize?

• 2 weeks later...
Horse: The band looks fun! I'll have to check them out.

I haven't heard a note of any Blood Borhters music, but I saw an awesome sticker with their logo and a picture of a red piano on it. I"ve wanted to listen ever since.

Probably from their Burn Piano Island, Burn album, Which is cool! Download the song named after the album! You might like it if you're into this kind of music... :muggin:

I love The Blood Brothers. One of my favourite bands.

As for other harcore bands not a huge fan of the genre as a whole but I'd recommend glassjaw, billy talent, thrice, callahan, dillinger escape plan, 36 crazyfists and a textbook tragedy.

alexisonfire are still going. saw them two weeks ago in germany.

I love The Blood Brothers. One of my favourite bands.

As for other harcore bands not a huge fan of the genre as a whole but I'd recommend glassjaw, billy talent, thrice, callahan, dillinger escape plan, 36 crazyfists and a textbook tragedy.

alexisonfire are still going. saw them two weeks ago in germany.

Nice. I was under the impression that they broke up... well that's cool.

Glassjaw and Thrice are Alright... not really my prefered though...

Archived