Hondo's Bar

Heat in the Finals!

APANCHALYPSE NOW

Yeah, so unless you live underneath a rock here in Miami, you know the Heat are playing Dallas in the Finals! After losing game 1 and 2 in Dallas (reason enough to wait to start this thread), they came back home and took game 3! D. Wade had 42 points and played like a beast! We need a sweep here in Miami to even have a chance in winning the championship! Ok people, discuss...

i was watching 24 (as you should be, man...roomate got seasons 2-4 for PC view tho, lemme know if youre down) - what was the final score?

shit was crazy outside so i imagine it was close - if heat won, they need 1 more to take it or wha?

There was 1.9 seconds left in OT and Wade was throwing two free throws.

He nails one.

At this point, the prudent thing to do is to let Wade make or miss the second throw, THEN call a Time Out. It advances the ball to Center Court. At that point, they can throw it in the Heat's Zone and score for the win.

Unfortunately, the guy apparantly panicked, wasted the last Time Out; Wade made the throw, Heat now lead by one...there's NO WAY they'll score with 1.9 secons.

Heat win.

That Coach was soooooooooooooooo PISSED!

He nails one.

At this point, the prudent thing to do is to let Wade make or miss the second throw, THEN call a Time Out. It advances the ball to Center Court. At that point, they can throw it in the Heat's Zone and score for the win.

Unfortunately, the guy apparantly panicked, wasted the last Time Out; Wade made the throw, Heat now lead by one...there's NO WAY they'll score with 1.9 secons.

Heat win.

What he said.

He nails one.

Heat win.

Just for a follow-up of this blunder...

Don't crucify the player just yet! When you go back and look at the replay, you'll notice that the player (I think, Howard) was facing the sideline and his coach Avery Johnson! Johnson made the time-out signal (with his hands) and the player called time-out! What I think happen was that the player thought that his coach wanted to call a time-out and did it! It wasn't his fault, it was the coach! Coach Johnson fucked up, got ahead of himself and cost his team court position!

Archived