Hondo's Bar

Best series ever

The NZA

Best video game series ever  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

bse_big.jpg

That's right; no shorter hit-or-miss series like Devil May Cry or Gran Turismo, no one-shots like Tetris or entire genres like Football, no newbies like Halo. Consideration to PC series like Quake or Doom will be given if there's enough call for it, and pretty mcuh any valid series that you think is gettin neglected here'll get its spot. Bomberman oughta get lvoe, but i doubt its anyone's favoirte.

Im debating a puzzle entry for tetris, lemmings, puzzle fighter etc. Also, yeah, i think spinoffs like Mario Kart or Party fit in their too, i guess.

Myself....Zelda, Metal Gear, and a lot of other seires that i adore but cant call my favorite.

nah...i love Suikoden, i do (i just started V) but i was only shooting for major RPG sereis, and FF has influenced shit, most folks outside of you, me & biship dont even know Suikoden, sadly.

then again, its not just infulential that youre voting for, its your own personal series. Hence, why its between Zelda and MGS for me, while i think a lot of series on there are amazing - Mario, Sonic, SF, RE, etc.

I said Grand Theft Auto and before you go calling me crazy I'll tell you why. GTA is the only series on her that hasnt produced a game that I've absolutely hated. For Mario it was Mario Bros. 2, for Sonic it was everything they've made since Sonic Adventure 1, Legend of Zelda (I wont count the Wand of Gammalon or the other shitty ones that Nintendo didnt produce) I hated part 2, Megaman after Part 5 just went downhill and I've not quite forgiven them for X3 and beyond, Resident Evil Gaiden, Dead Aim, Survivor, Zero. Final Fantasy 5, 10, X-2, and Adventure. Castlevania I'm not even gonna start on. Super-Ultra-Mega-Incredible-Street-Fighter-3-Cause-We-Have-to-Reuse-Our-Old-Games-Cause-We-Cant-Make-A-New-One-That-Isnt-Shit-I-Mean-Skullomania-what-the-fuck-was-up-with-that-Turbo-2. I guess Metroid and Metal Gear didnt really have a game in the series that I hated (Unless you count Snake's Revenge and Metroid Pinball) but I just didnt love Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metroid 2.

No love for Snake? Anybody?

crazy love for Snake, again that's prolly gettin my vote. i just wish i could see Twilight Princess and MGS4 both.

Mario Bros. 2,

I know it was a break from the series, but i had a blast with it...anyway, cant argue opinion on that one. I perosnally thought Mario Sunshine was the weakest, but that's prolly just me.

for Sonic it was everything they've made since Sonic Adventure

Sonic Heroes and Shadow and alla that didnt look too good, but you play through much of Sonic Adventure 2? i had a lotta fun with that one, if even just for the 2player mode where you use Knuckles vs the slutty chick in hide-and-seek mode.

Zelda 2...was hard to like.

Mega Man, i didnt play that fair into either series. Good call on those RE spinoffs, tho i was curious about Zero (no good?)

Castlevania in 3D breaks my heart, tho im still hopeful this copy of Lament of Innoncence i got turns out ok somehow.

FF X gets hated on, im unsure why.

Snake's Revenge was eh, cant argue with you there (sad ass ending too) and by Metroid 2 you mean the gameboy one or Prime 2?

Anyway, i was surprised by your answer too but i cant fault your logic there. For what its worth, which was your favorite of the GTA series?

I'm with Baytor on this one. The GTA series older than people really consider(6 Games with #7 onna way), but it the only series that's ever truely evolved. Noone can say the next game in the series isn't better than the one preceding it(tho this does make nostalgia painful). San Andreas was better than Vice City was better than Liberty City was better than GTA2 was better than GTA London was better than GTA(but only a little).

Shit. Clean forgot about Liberty City Stoires here. I figured with the lack of hype this was more've a redux of 3 allowing the SA options & whatnot. Anyone know anything about that?

man, you new-school kids dont got love for the classics.

Youre serious, though? I know next-gen Mario has him hopping on things and Sonic looks badass but he's gonna be racing around and shit, but GTA isnt the only series on there that's evolved.

Ive seen about the whole series, but i personally didnt give it any respect till GTA 3, that was a huge step up. Anyway....fair enough, just surprising.

Man, good times on the original. At that time there was absolutely nothin' like it, so London I missed but GTA2 was one've the greatest for PS1. Took me a while to even look at 3 when I found out it wasn't bird's eye. Anyways, FF'd get it for the first 7 alone(repeats and all) but they've really not topped 7. People STILL hold a candle for it & what does that tell you? #8 was the dodgiest shite I ever laid eyes on, 9 was okay but not enough to wash away 7 or 8, & I'm playing 10 for the first time now. Given how big a fan I am of the originals, & even this isn't moving me that much. It's been put aside for so many other games. Haven't played X-2 but wasn't that more've an adventure action game anyway? These are the things I consider when looking at a series. As for Mario, I've no patience for free-roaming adventure games unless there're guns involved(bloody ADD) and even then it'd better not be too lateral.

Well let me clarify, if this was for individual games GTA would not get my vote, but this is for best series, and the series that has never dissapointed me was GTA.

I mean as Skeeter said GTA 1

Oh and I completely forget Super Mario Sunshine otherwise I would've added it to the list. And I meant Metroid 2 for the GBA, just didnt do it for me.

But if we were talking like the strongest GTA title vs the strongest title from almost all of the rest of these series, well then that'd get my vote, but for overall effect, GTA's my choice.

I haven't voted yet, because it's a damn hard thing to pick. I have personal favorites, like Lunar, Ys, and Phantasy Star, that aren't in the running (and with good reason), as far as the others. Zelda is great, as is MGS, I'm probably torn between them. FF is probably going to be going down the Media Whoredom of Mario and Megaman.

It's true... he pretty much POWNs anyone at street fighter... Haven't really seen my bro loose to anyone... too bad I haven't trained of late to make ya proud nuff bro. :hulk:

It's true... he pretty much POWNs anyone at street fighter... Haven't really seen my bro loose to anyone... too bad I haven't trained of late to make ya proud nuff bro. :misty:

Archived