Hondo's Bar

Best series ever

The NZA

Best video game series ever  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...

Bout time that fine series got a vote. Which chapters in particular are your favorite?

I gotta find where to buy Twilight Princess and get all the bouns shit, even the dorky triforce necklace thing i think i once saw....just debating which system, i think im sold on the wii at this point.

You know my history with this piece. I think out of all the games, I ever played, no game series made me get up on a Saturday morning and play straight on through till 4 in the afternoon.

Zelda takes the crown IMO.

When Wii comes out, Im sure TP will shift everything down a spot. I mean, I can't wait. Sure 360 and PS3 are gonna be monsters... but Zelda is an exclusive to Nintendo. And no other company is like Nintendo in terms of making you wanna play their games more. They have style... they have Mario, Metroid, DK and this.

For me, I'll rate them in order as to how I liked them.

I have not played and want to try The Legend of Zelda:

Phantom Hourglass for DS when it's available, check the trailer out here... I love the mesh of Classic Zelda scores with the Windwaker scores...ala John Williams style...

THE PHANTOM HOURGLASS TRAILER

1.) Ocarina of Time/Ocarina of Time Master Quest

By far my most fave of all time. Nothing comes close, plot wise and at the time graphic wise. I bought the DVDROM GC version of this game that was offered as Collector's enticement to preorders from EB Games back a few years ago. I played this game constantly and for me it takes the top spot.

2.) A Link to the Past

The first time I saw the rain emulated on this puppy back in the day, I was jaw dropped. The music is classical Zelda scores through out and the dungeons were put together for both challenge and variety. I loved "mirroring" back and forth between the worlds. Yeah, this one rates second but by a tenth of a point. LTP is gold.

Still.

3.) WindWaker

This game was just what I wanted when it debuted. Sure alot of people Hated the cel graphics. yeah, it took place pre-Zelda conquest of the prior games. But this game kicks ass. I love the whole ocean venturing thing and the animation is top notch. The plot is interesting and lays a good backdrop to the younger Link character.

4.) Zelda 1

NES classic. I bought this Gold Cart as one of my first on the NES back in the day. I have the Emulation and the Collector's disc for GameCube, and it's perfect.

5.) Zelda II The Adventure of Link

Side scroller much like Castlevania did with it's Simon's quest. Thought it was pretty awesome back in the day, and still play it from time to time for shits and giggles. Also on the Collector's Disc

6.) Majora's Mask

Hard as hell. One of the games that took forever to beat. I still have nightmares about knifing Skull Kid in my sleep. Awesome title on the 64 and now emulated on my GameCube off the MasterQuest Disc.

7.)Four Swords Adventures

Fun, retro and for a budget 10-20 bucks, I can't complain. The multiplayer is awesome. Classic Zelda stuff here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

That is once again why I picked GTA as best series, because not only is the main series great, but all the spinoffs as well and this is including those developed by a company other than the one who made the origional series. How many of these series can say that, certainly not Mario or Sonic, Megaman was cool until you realized you were playing the exact same fucking thing over and over again through 7 sequels and don't even get me started on X parts 4-9, Legend of Zelda.... The Wand of Gammalon anyone? Final Fantasy Legends 1-3, Final Fantasy 5, X-2, and so many more. Metal Gear, snakes revenge. Metroid I really have no beef against, I just prefer GTA even Metroid Pinball was decently fun.

This and as I said, my expectations have always been either met or surpassed with GTA games.

• 2 months later...

I really can't believe that nobody mentioned two of my all time favorites: Warcraft and Fallout. Two games that made me stay weeks just playing and thinking how to keep going on to the next level. Also this two are great as series. The 2 evolve becoming better than the last one...

Warcraft-- Warcraft II Tides of Darkness-- Warcraft II Beyond the Dark Portal-- Warcraft III Reign of Chaos-- Warcraft III The Frozen Throne--- World of Warcraft (MMPORPG)

blademaster.giffarseer.gifarchmage.gifpaladin.gifdemonhunter.gifpriestess.gifdeathknight.giflich.gif

And Fallout it's just ... great for me... i don't know guys... anyone sharing the love for these two??

Man, such a hard choice.

I've only ever played one Zelda, thats TP on Wii, and i love it.

Mario, i love all of em, i've even downloaded Super Mario Bros through the wii VC

Sonic, never had a megadrive, but enjoyed the games, also downloaded from the VC

RE, apart from them horrible survivor games, the overall series is class, RE1 - RE4, and Code Veronica are great, and with RE5 coming to PS3 and a new adventure for Wii there's life in the dog yet.

Metal Gear, oh my god, this i think is my favourite, right from Metal Gear Solid on the PS, awesome game.

GTA, from its top down 2d days, to its current 3d guise, is amazing.

Surprised that Silent Hill and Splinter Cell aren't there.. both notable series...

Man its too close to call, i think personally for me its Metal Gear

T, to tha A, to the S-T-E-Y Girl you tasty,

T, to tha A, to the S-T-E-Y Girl you tasty,

D, to tha E, to tha L-I-S--

Oh hello, I didn't see you there. My name's Skeeter, but you can call me daddy. Haha

When I'm not bobbing away to that irrepresible fergie's latest album, I'm fighting. Now 'What does that mean for me?' you may ask, but I'm here to tell you. I'm currently campaigning(I'd use the term 'fighting', but it's such an ugly word) for moderator status of Hondos Fight Club and I need your help. Y'see, there's a man who says fluffball polls about who's had more underaged arse between Iron Man & the Green Lantern are a pulsing underbelly to rich cultural statements, but won't allow fisting. Now a few of you may ask, 'But Skeet, how do we fight without fists?' and that's a damned good question Timmy. Where would we be without fists? How would conflicts be settled? How else would a man satisfy my mother?*

I think as a society, we need fists, fisting, and any other verb or noun involving knuckles. We can grow as a nation under the principles of Fisting, but not while certain people can't stand to see them in Fight Club. There's two sides to every story though, so let's see what Arc has to say about this:

That's what i thought. Help me help you all, by voting for me, Skeeter, come election day. Not only do I promise to make FC a fistier place, but additionally, drunk with the flavour of my own power** I will witchhunt one significant member of this board to his or her cyber-grave in 2007. It could be anyone, so feel free to make a few requests. Remember now, that's SKEETER. Not Jesus or SKETR. Skeeter: For a better tomorrow, today.

*Before she died of course, god rest her soul :benny:

**Drunkenness may or may not be 100% power- the exact mix really can't be anticipated, but chances are good that beer and/or nazi sympathy may be involved

***Seriously, I'm incredibly wasted(it's taken 5 good tries to get that word right) right now so if you find this inappropriate, take it down & PM me the quoted version- I'll be gunning for your mod-rights soon.

Man, such a hard choice.

I've only ever played one Zelda, thats TP on Wii, and i love it.

Mario, i love all of em, i've even downloaded Super Mario Bros through the wii VC

Sonic, never had a megadrive, but enjoyed the games, also downloaded from the VC

RE, apart from them horrible survivor games, the overall series is class, RE1 - RE4, and Code Veronica are great, and with RE5 coming to PS3 and a new adventure for Wii there's life in the dog yet.

Metal Gear, oh my god, this i think is my favourite, right from Metal Gear Solid on the PS, awesome game.

GTA, from its top down 2d days, to its current 3d guise, is amazing.

Surprised that Silent Hill and Splinter Cell aren't there.. both notable series...

Man its too close to call, i think personally for me its Metal Gear

yeah, my thoughts mostly too, except ive loved Zelda since '85 or whenever it started, and still went for Metal Gear.

Archived