Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Chat

The NZA

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya'll arent hearin me here: we upgraded the board, i havent fully integrated the chat with the new board just yet, be patient! Im gonna try a new version of the chat too, here's hopin that'll do it...ideally, your login should be the same as here, but its gonna be a bit tricky, give me some time... :D

• 2 months later...

ok so i spent an hour or two this night/morning and its installed, and there's even a cool new tab on the board itself for it (its by the "calendar" tab), but the only downside is: i dont think it recognizes me, or anyone else.... :D

by all means, give it a go; id like to know if anyone else can log in, cause i was unsucessful...im gonna work on it again more after its creator gets back to me on it.

• 2 months later...

Ok, i gotta ask (and i wish id get more replies here): how many of you would really use the chat?

because, i can show a demo, but there's a chat we could have that'd be easier, work great, and best of all, itd create a bar diown by "Online Users" that would tell you who was chatting. How cool is that?

Trick is....the free one wouldnt let you do that, it woudlnt integrate with our board to tell you that kinda info. The one that would do that, its $8 a month on top of our server fees.

For those not keepin score, our fees are $18/month, paid every six months at about $108 or so. This would bring us up to $26/month, or if we paid ahead of time, $28+108=$136 every six months or so.

the demo is right there...but im just wonderin...would enough of us chat to warrant this? do you guys even really want one? worse comes to worse, i could install the free one, and you could just log in as you please. Let me know, i think its a cool option either way.

Awh I sound like a fan girl............ : D : D : D : D

if you guys are curious as to what those links are, here they are!

A-KON 16

A SCANNER DARKLEY

PS

Jax has something, here! that would be very neat to have a chat that could be logged for all eternity... or until you got tired of it and deleted it hahahaha. you know, whatevah whatevah.

As for chat, it's your call Nick. I would use it, but the majority of us have AIM so maybe we could just create a permanent room and post the link and join whenever we got online, and plus it would be free. I'm just throwin things out there.

That's not a bad idea MH...again, wish i could get the FlashChat going, the only thing this had goin for it, was that i like that "whos chatting now" box....but if its just a link we need to get, say, an AIM chat goin, we could do that too.

Like you said, its also an issue of who'd actually use it, and i agree witih jax, about keepin much of the talk recorded on the forum being cool too.

More thoughts!

MH, Skeeter, and myself have been using MSN to communicate. The cool thing about MSN is you can add as many people as you want to the conversation. We can start a Hondo's chat on AIM, but we wont know when there is someone in the chat to begin chatting with. The flash chat would be great to have up again, if you can do it great. If not we can all just use AIM or MSN to chat.

Trillian does it all!

I like to customize my font and stuff. and that is why I haven't gotten it again....

And doesn't it cost money now?? I mean, I have friends that can hook me up, but I'd rather chat for free.

ah fuck what the hell am i talking about. I prolly have it all wrong.

Archived