Hondo's Bar

Anime recommendation thread

The NZA

Anime i watch next  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Beck was soooo good! I still haven't seen the very last episode... but so good.

It's really hard for me to watch stuff that's dubbed, because to me it always seems like they go over the top with their voices. One Piece to me is a PRIME example.... ugh! So it's subtitles for me. But over time, it's like there were never words and you just seem to understand the language or something... that's how it feels for me. Kind of like when you're reading a book and the words melt away and you see a movie in your head. Except the animation is doing all the work for you!

4 Kids fucking violated that series. Some dubs are actually decent. I'll still prefer the sub 9 times out of 10, but Shinesman fucking hit that 10 from all the way in the next fucking county. It's that much better.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 Kids fucking violated that series. Some dubs are actually decent. I'll still prefer the sub 9 times out of 10, but Shinesman fucking hit that 10 from all the way in the next fucking county. It's that much better.

Damn you, 4Kids!!!!!!!!

I agree with you 100% regarding dubs. Some just amaze me, but in a fight between good subs/dubs, subs win it for me.

Also, subs are delicious to eat.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh, so you're one of THEM... if you want repetition try those or just watch the original Dragon Ball Z, or Pokemon, or Yu-Gi-Oh, or Shaman King, or Saiyuki or all that other journey-battle-journey-battle-journey-battle wash-rinse-repeat crap. Though I do like the look of Dessert Punk... reminds me of Green Legend Ran.

is Kenshi: reminisence one of the OAV's?

i agree, im not as interested in the endless fight/journey ones, tho Sen is pushing the first season or so of Naruto, as well as Bleach, so ill likely give em a try soon.

still debating watching Monster next, i wonder how Death Note's going.

death note is fantastic, ya should definitely watch that, haha, so much good anime!!!!

me & sen watched it for a while; she watched ahead of me (or read the manga, i forget) and really got turned off when she felt it essentially jumped the shark...i should return one day. mebbe when the series is done, whever that is.

Cj says: "Definitely watch Monster!".

every day, i check my mailbox, and every day... :gross:

kidding; ill download it soon.

is Kenshi: reminisence one of the OAV's?

i agree, im not as interested in the endless fight/journey ones, tho Sen is pushing the first season or so of Naruto, as well as Bleach, so ill likely give em a try soon.

still debating watching Monster next, i wonder how Death Note's going.

When Bleach and Naruto follow the manga they're pretty decent, though some the more rabid fans can ruin them for you. I need to catch up some point, even so. Beware the filler storylines.

Watched some of Desert Punk, also need to finish it. Monster, I need to watch, Death Note I need to catch up on.

me & sen watched it for a while; she watched ahead of me (or read the manga, i forget) and really got turned off when she felt it essentially jumped the shark...i should return one day. mebbe when the series is done, whever that is.

every day, i check my mailbox, and every day... :FHD:

kidding; ill download it soon.

I know!! We're jerks :( I'll bug him about it today! as soon as he gets home from work

Yesterday we re-watched Arjuna, and I forgot how lovely it is. We will send you a copy of this as well! F'sure.

When Bleach and Naruto follow the manga they're pretty decent, though some the more rabid fans can ruin them for you. I need to catch up some point, even so. Beware the filler storylines.

Watched some of Desert Punk, also need to finish it. Monster, I need to watch, Death Note I need to catch up on.

yeah, I read the Naruto manga once the fillers started. My bro says their back on track with story, So i'll have to catch up (minus fillers because we all know they are pointless and useless).

As for Bleach, I definitely need to catch up on that one too. I've gotten to the part about Ichigo's dad in the manga... but that's about it. SO yeah.

Anime week here I come!

This is my list of recomendations for you Nick:

-Death Note

-Elfen lied

-Hellsing

-Chobits

-Ichigo 100%

-X

-Midori no Hibi (I love this one)

-Orphen

I little bit of action, comedy, etc...

I'm gonna start to dowload Monster. Since everyone talk so good about it..

This is my list of recomendations for you Nick:

-Death Note

I went up to like episode 10-12 or so, how far along is it? does it pick up later or fall off, cause Sen lost interest when she watched ahead.

-Elfen lied

Was this good? I looked it up after DoJ mentioned it, all i read was "violent" but not much else.

-Hellsing

Eh, i wanted to like that one more than i did.

The last fight wastn even with the church guy like i wanted!!

-Chobits

i tried it, but dropped it cause i think i was lookig for azumanga, believe it or not.

-Ichigo 100%

-X

-Midori no Hibi (I love this one)

-Orphen

cool. Always wanted to see X, dont know bout the others....can you set em up for me at all? And yeah, im gettin Monster i guess when Demonoid's back up.

Chobits

I have to admit I drop this one too. Only 2 or 3 episodes from the end. It a good comedy by Clamp. Not as good as other series made by this group...

X

Again by Clamp. A great great action -with a little romance- anime. When you watch this, you better be ready to see the blood, and the violence this anime shows, when the events come to an irremediable end.

In 1999, Shirō Kamui returns to Tokyo for the first time in six years to honour his mother's final wishes. It is here he will fulfill his destiny, yet all he wants is for others to leave him alone. According to the yumemi Hinoto, Kamui alone has the power to decide the world's fate, which depends on whether the kekkai which exist in Tōkyō remain standing.

Kamui must decide to either become a Dragon of Heaven (also known as the Seven Seals) and protect humanity from supernatural destruction or join the Dragons of Earth (also known as the Seven Angels) to destroy humanity so the Earth can be reborn. While Kamui couldn't care less about the world, he feels he must protect childhood friends Fūma and Kotori, Fūma's younger sister. However, his choice to become a Dragon of Heaven results in tragedy when Fūma is revealed to be Kamui’s “Twin Star”, destined to be Kamui’s opposite number no matter which side Kamui chooses.

Midori no hibi

A fucking hilarious comedy. With eventual moments of violence. I simply love this one. And it's no trouble looking at this, since it is a really really short anime. Only 13 episodes if I recall correctly.

Seiji Sawamura is the toughest student in his high school. His grades aren't very good because he fights more than he studies, but he tends to protect the weaker students from bullies. A few classmates idolize him; one (Midori Kasugano from a different school) shyly loves him from afar; but most are just afraid of him, which has made it impossible for him to find a girlfriend — until one morning when he wakes to find a miniature Midori attached to where his right hand used to be.

Over the next two weeks the pair adapt to this sudden and forced closeness. Much mayhem, and some romance, ensue. Seiji does his best to hide Midori from other people; she wears a bandage around her head and pretends to be his injured hand. Midori frequently professes her love to Seiji (even wearing a T-shirt which says "I ♥ Seiji"), but Seiji fails to notice, even as he frequently laments that he'll never find a girl who loves him.

Midori_no_hibi.jpg

Orphen

An adventure anime. I liked. It's worth watching, since it has some twist in the story. If you like sorcery, this is your kinda anime.

Orphen is the greatest sorcerer that the tower has ever seen but he is more interested in chasing the Bloody August, an infamous and very mysterious dragon. Along with his apprentice Majic and their companion Clio he heads off on a quest with the Sword of Baltanders, the only thing that can free the Bloody August or 'Azile' from the spell she is under.

Sure does...congrats boogie, those're gong on the list. its a long list, following the rest of Lain, Ninja Scroll series, uh, mebbe Gungrave again one day, Xenosaga and a few others but the point is, those're on it now, thanks man.