Hondo's Bar

New Trailers

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Spider-man 3 - One word. And that word starts with "V". I actually wasn't too excited about this movie 'til I saw this trailer.

Live Free or Die Hard - I still don't like all the over-the-top cg-enhanced stunts. This used to be about a guy running around with glass in his feet, now it's looking more like Mission: Impossible or True Lies (not that those weren't good, they're just not very similar to Die Hard). Still, Tim Olyphant as a villain has potential. And hey, stay put for the surprise guest at the end of the trailer!

Evan Almighty - I'll take Steve Carell over Jim Carrey anyday.

Ocean's 13 - One of those other "3" movies coming out this summer.

Stardust - No movie yet has matched Potter or Rings success in the family-friendly fantasy field (try saying that three times fast) but this adaptation of Neil Gaiman's book looks like it has a pretty decent shot with a healthy dose of playful humor (Ricky Gervais!) and a couple of major casting coups (Robert DeNiro! Peter O'Toole! Michelle Pfeiffer! Rupert Everett!).

I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry - Because gay is still funny! I guess... :???: I am mildly curious about the whole guy-stuck-in-the-chimney thing that's going on in the background, though.

Delta Farce - Exactly the kinda movie America needs in time of war!

28 Weeks Later - What happens 28 weeks after a virus turns people into crazy zombie-like creatures? Well, apparently, it happens again. I was hoping for something a little more original but ah well.

"I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry" was written by Alexander Payne and Jim Taylor and the dude that wrote Men In Black 2 but we won't talk about that okay, so I'm hoping that the trailer is fooling me and it's gonna be a really good flick.

As for "Live Free or Die Hard", or as I like to call it "Die Hard 4.0" like my European brothers (we were the ones that kept and the american way out of "Superman Returns" - take that!) has one thing that you can't fault. Cars crashing through hellicoptors. If the movie is 2 hours of horse-crap, at least at the end of the day you can say to yourself "well, that part with the hellicopter part was worth the price of admission".

The ultimate summer action ride. In a season overflowing with CGI Fantasy, Live Free or Die Hard gets real - with real action, real humor and a relatable everyman hero: John McClane. On the July 4th holiday, an attack on the vulnerable United States infrastructure begins to shut down the entire nation. The mysterious figure behind the scheme has figured out every modern angle - but he never figured on an old-school “analog” fly in the “digital” ointment. Bruce Willis is John McClane. No mask. No cape. No problem.

What the fuck sort of synopsis is that? They have to explain what an action movie is? Otherwise people wont know what it is? Suggested taglines: "No matter how hard John McClane falls, he definitely can't fly." "Bruce Willis is not a wizard, but he has the power to shoot you."

What the fuck sort of synopsis is that? They have to explain what an action movie is? Otherwise people wont know what it is? Suggested taglines: "No matter how hard John McClane falls, he definitely can't fly." "Bruce Willis is not a wizard, but he has the power to shoot you."

Yeah that part bugged me too. It's fuckin' Die Hard! You don't need to sell it to people by comparing it to all the other action flicks coming out, it's Die Hard! And don't tout realism right underneath a trailer that has, as I recall, three separate scenes in with cg cars get flown through the air.

If the movie is 2 hours of horse-crap, at least at the end of the day you can say to yourself "well, that part with the hellicopter part was worth the price of admission".

Except...you've already seen that for free in two trailers now.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, I'm talking about highest-paid acting fee alone. There have been plenty of actors who manage to make more with producing jobs and merchandising deals and percentages of the gross, but their acting fee is considerably less. Obviously, studios are more willing to do this because the risk is all on the actors. If the movie doesn't make any money, the actor doesn't get much money. But this is the most money an actor has made up front just for acting.

Civic Duty - Peter Krause stars in this interesting-looking character piece about post-9/11 paranoia. Plus, I'll watch Richard Schiff act in anything (yes, I even watched Doctor Doolittle...do somethin').

Hairspray - It's got Travolta in drag and Chris Walken...do you really need more compelling reasons to watch?

License to Wed - It's a fairly dumb idea, but Robin Williams is still funny. And John Krasinski is funny. And Mandy Moore is just fuckin' adorable.

Ratatouille - Not really a trailer. Better than a trailer. Brad Bird presents this 9 minute(!) clip from Ratatouille. Though I'm still not completely sold on the premise, Bird and Pixar have yet to go wrong so I have complete faith. If nothing else, this film will once again prove that Pixar movies are worth the wait. They have a level of polish, detail and craftsmanship that Dreamworks and Fox don't even have the patience for. Just compare how good this movie looks to something like Madagascar or Ice Age or even Shrek.

Ratatouille - Not really a trailer. Better than a trailer. Brad Bird presents this 9 minute(!) clip from Ratatouille. Though I'm still not completely sold on the premise, Bird and Pixar have yet to go wrong so I have complete faith. If nothing else, this film will once again prove that Pixar movies are worth the wait. They have a level of polish, detail and craftsmanship that Dreamworks and Fox don't even have the patience for. Just compare how good this movie looks to something like Madagascar or Ice Age or even Shrek.

This looks really cute! Thanks for sharing it. I wanna see this when it comes out to theaters.