Hondo's Bar

New Trailers

Ii just had a startling moment of clarity about what a hypocrite I am. You show me some retard action fest like The Expendables 2 and I scoff and wrinkle my nose. I'm not seeing that shit.

Now, you show me the same type of thing BUT FILL IT WITH ASIANS, and I'm all "HEeeeey, cool! I wanna see that!"

I wanna see that.

Ii just had a startling moment of clarity about what a hypocrite I am. You show me some retard action fest like The Expendables 2 and I scoff and wrinkle my nose. I'm not seeing that shit.

Now, you show me the same type of thing BUT FILL IT WITH ASIANS, and I'm all "HEeeeey, cool! I wanna see that!"

haha, i do the same shit.

Spiffytee: "so you're willing to believe Chow Yun Fat can do gun-fu all day, but when Tom Cruise does in MI2, it's bullshit? what, because he's not asian!?

you're like, reverse-racist."

In reference to the Moonrise Kingdom trailer, is it just me, or does it seem that Wes Andeeson has almost become like Tim Buton in that he has become so heavy-handed with the unique look and feel and general film aesthetic that he pioneered, and that made him famous, that his films are now starting to look like parodies of themselves? I mean, yes, the characters in Rushmore and The Royal Tenembaums were over the top, but these ones seem like caricatures in a way those characters didn't. I guess The Fantastic Mr Fox was a step outside of his comfort zone, but this seems like two step back into it.

Edited by Reverend Jax

In reference to the Moonrise Kingdom trailer, is it just me, or does it seem that Wes Andeeson has almost become like Tim Buton in that he has become so heavy-handed with the unique look and feel and general film aesthetic that he pioneered, and that made him famous, that his films are now starting to look like parodies of themselves? I mean, yes, the characters in Rushmore and The Royal Tenembaums were over the top, but these ones seem like caricatures in a way those characters didn't. I guess The Fantastic Mr Fox was a step outside of his comfort zone, but this seems like two step back into it.

Yes. My feelings exactly when I saw the trailor. I do need to get around to seeing The Fantastic Mr. Fox though...

Do documentary trailors count? If so, this was incredibly moving, and i cant wait to see the full feature:

man, this looks interesting, but i couldn't even finish the lengthy trailer.

ive become more open-minded in recent years, but social conservatives quoted in the first half of that are shitty people, and it's still really embarrassing to me that this is discussed like it's in any way a 2 sided argument.

anyway, didn't mean to hijack the politics forum here: docu's are both welcomed and encouraged, but yeah, i don't know if id make it through that one.

ive become more open-minded in recent years, but social conservatives quoted in the first half of that are shitty people

The question (or perhaps it's a paradox) I have for you is, as you become more open-minded, should you become more understanding of close-minded bigots, or less tolerant of them?