Hondo's Bar

New Trailers

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Do yourself a favor and watch this one in hi-def. July is definitely gonna be the month of Harry Potter.

The Bourne Ultimatum - The good: More Bourne, Matt Damon proves he doesn't need those ten other Ocean guys, David Strathairn gets added to the cast. The bad: Paul Greengrass has never met a handheld shot he didn't like, either wait for dvd or bring some sort of motion sickness medication. The maybe: Are they finally going to give Julia Stiles something to do?

Good Luck Chuck - Dane Cook tries his hand at big-screen comedy again. Can't be worse than Employee of the Month, right? ...right?

Edited by Silent Bob

Waitress - For a cute looking comedy, the movie has something of a sad backstory - writer/director/actress (she plays the redhead) Adrienne Shelly was found murdered in her apartment after completing this film. :( But, uh...the movie, it looks cute. "The story of one woman trapped in a life from which she dreams of escape. Jenna’s (Russell) secret ambition is to save enough money from her waitressing job to leave her overbearing and controlling husband (Sisto). Jenna is a sharp, sassy woman with a gift for making unusual pies whose recipes are inspired by the trials, tribulations and circumstances of her life. An unwanted pregnancy changes the course of events giving her an unexpected confidence via letters to her unborn baby."

Oh, did I mention that Nathan Fillion's in it too? Ah, see, yeah, now you're listening.

I want a movie where Sylvester Stallone and Mel Gibson duke it out to see which past-their-prime action star likes graphic violence the most. I don't think another Rambo is necessary, but then I said the same thing about Rocky and he actually did a pretty good job with that one.

I caught the new trailer for Bee Movie in front of Shred the Third yesterday. It looks like a great fix for Seinfeld jukies.

"You don't have TiVo?"

"Well, we have Hivo, but it's a disease...it's a terrible, horrible disease."

Also, the main characters name is Barry, which is Jerry with a B. Hehe.

The Kingdom - With a great cast and up-and-coming actor/director Peter Berg (The Rundown, Friday Night Lights), this film is being set up as the year's biggest political thriller. In more ways than one. Supposedly the enormous set that was built for this movie could be seen from, like, space... And this trailer taught me that it's a good thing I don't have any video editing software, otherwise I'd waste a whole weekend cutting this trailer's audio with footage from The Lion King, to make a The Lion Kingdom trailer based solely on the similarity of their fonts. And I don't wanna be that guy.

Joshua - What is it about kids that makes them so scary?

Fido - After Shaun of the Dead hit it big, I was wondering when we'd get another zom-com on the big screen. And here it is!

• 2 weeks later...

The Ten does look great. It's all about the Rudd. Here's the rundown on The Ten:

From moviesonline.ca:

The upcoming movie, "The Ten" parodying the Decalogue, closely rivals comedies of the likes of: the 40 year old virgin, knocked up, and anchorman. It also has the potential to be quoted for the next five years. This is a must see movie! The vignette style script allows for the audience to be captivated the whole time.

The movie holds up to the all-star cast which includes: Jessica Alba, Adam Brody, Paul Rudd, Femke Janssen, Justin Theroux, Gretchen Mol, Winona Ryder, Oliver Platt and Ken Marino. Each vignette depicts one of the Ten Commandments and are each introduced by Paul Rudd who has his own plot line. I absolutely loved the ‘thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’ vignette.

Any one who appreciates humor must see this movie. If you don’t you will be hearing quotes over and over from your friends and family and you will feel completely out of the loop. It comes out august 3rd though it has been screened at Sundance.

So, according to imdb, it's 93 minutes. Have a "host" who introduced each one, frames it comically, has his own storyline, plus an intro and ending, I figure each of the 10 vignettes will be about 7 1/2 to 8 minutes long. A little long than a Bugs Bunny cartoon. I've got high hopes.

Here's the poster.

ten_xlg.jpg

Wall-E - I'm assuming this is going out with Ratatouille. It doesn't have much footage from the actual film, but it's a nice well-designed trailer. It has a much different feel from Pixar's usual gag teasers.

Mr. Bean's Holiday - Hey...why not.

You Kill Me - Killing people is the least of Ben Kingsley's vices.

Rise: Blood Hunter - It looks like it should be a cheap direct-to-dvd vampire film, but Michael Chiklis is still a badass and, uh...Lucy Liu and Carla Gugino kiss.

Edited by Silent Bob