Hondo's Bar

New Trailers

Yeah, a couple o' months ago - a watched these solid, all-encompassing docs on Einstein, Ford, Tesla and Edison...like, back-to-back...to back. (counts fingers) To back. Spent a day just a 'fly on the wall' watching these people irreversibly change the world. LOL - lotta 'whoa! Wutta piece of shit!' moments! LOL

I like seeing the warts. Looking behind the curtain and really getting the reality of it / the true story...on sum things. There are sum matters on this planet where the least I know - the better...for my own sanity.

Be cool to see the Einstein story played out in 'HD color' - luv dem period pieces.

Sidenote - the Henry Ford doc - I think done by PBS - is just filled w/ kick-ass old timey footage from the Library of Congress. They've digitized all those old news reels and just...general stock footage of yesteryear...but they've been re-scanned and stabilized, so the 'stock footage' from the archives look just so damn good. I think the latest Ken Burns stuff also pulls from the Library of Congress' latest 'modernizing' of their / our film archives.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ouch. LOL - trailer is hours old...an overwhelming negative reaction already stacked. Ghostbusters-style.

(sigh) Looks like another 'Mummy', to me. There's an audience for this approach - but...yeah, not me. Too bad, I really love Jumanji n' Zathura. Movie, cartoon, book...had the 'official' board game...really big fan - this...is the wrong way to go.

There was a magic, mystery...danger to the original. This looks like - really loud jokes. 'Land of the Lost' (2009) already did this -

924895_8FKeXee1.jpg

I absolutely love that movie - but, 'Jumanji' - should feel fucking dangerous...not a 'camp-romp'.

Maybe they'll make it 'meta' and be like...'movies are so much like video games today'...or...'no one plays board games anymore'...and that could add an extra dimension...to the fun. (shrugs) Like, Jurassic World? And be secretly smart? While you roll your eyes? LOL

Eh. Jumanji should be a board game...with mounting deadly riddles that won't stop until the game is finished. Not a video game app, w/ celebrity video game Avatars. I was instantly bummed - like, 'Now we'll never see a Battletoads movie...'cuz everyone will say they're just copying Jumanji'. LOL wink.png

I'll give it a shot on Netflix - if I'm really, really bored.

• 4 weeks later...

Now they have to do the 'Bob Kane' story and a 'Stan Lee' biopic starring that manager character from 'GLOW'. (NZA's idea)

(My first smartphone post...I'm so damn down and hip - it hurts...seriously, this shit is tiny!)

yes

and yes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

One of the things I love about seeing indie movies in theaters is seeing a bunch of trailers for more upcoming indie films. I saw this trailer for Thoroughbreds and was intrigued, partly because I didn't know Anton Yelchin had stuff being released posthumously and I miss the hell outta that guy! And also because the trailer describes this as American Psycho meets Heathers, and I'm on board for that!

• 2 weeks later...