Hondo's Bar

Lance Bass is Gay

Acalis

The full article can be found here.

Lance Bass Comes Out

by Sarah Hall

Jul 26, 2006, 9:30 AM PT

Lance Bass is here, queer and used to it.

Responding to rumors swirling about his sexuality, the 'N Sync member confirmed to People magazine in its latest issue that he is gay and involved in a "very stable" relationship with Amazing Race winner Reichen Lehmkuhl.

The revelation is not exactly startling. Gossip blogs including Defamer.com and PerezHilton.com have been speculating about the twosome's not-so-platonic relationship for weeks.

Earlier this month, the New York Post ran an item reporting that Bass and Lehmkuhl were spotted together at a gay bar in Provincetown, Massachusetts, while the New York Daily News coined the phrase "man sharing" to point out that both men had been photographed wearing the same T-shirt.

Bass had previously told his friends and family the truth about his sexual preferences, but said he wanted to wait for the right moment to publicly reveal that he was gay, partly out of concern for how the information might affect 'N Sync and its other members, Joey Fatone, Chris Kirkpatrick, JC Chasez and Justin Timberlake.

"I knew that I was in this popular band and I had four other guys' careers in my hand, and I knew that if I ever acted on it or even said [that I was gay], it would overpower everything," he told People.

"I didn't know: Could that be the end of 'N Sync? So I had that weight on me of like, 'Wow, if I ever let anyone know, it's bad.' So I just never did."

But with the boy band on the back burner, at least for now, and his dreams of space flight dashed, at least for now, the time seemed ripe for Bass to come out.

"The main reason I wanted to speak my mind was that [the rumors] really were starting to affect my daily life," he told People. "Now it feels like it's on my terms. I'm at peace with my family, my friends, myself and God so there's really nothing else that I worry about."

Fatone, Bass' first bandmate to learn that he was gay, gave his hearty support to his friend.

"He took years to really think about how he was going to tell everyone," Fatone told People. "I back him up 100 percent."

Fatone and Bass are currently developing a faux-reality sitcom pilot based on The Odd Couple, in which Bass' character will be openly gay.

The singer, who was raised in a Southern Baptist household in Mississippi, emphasized that he was most definitely not tearin' up his heart about his decision to come out.

"The thing is, I'm not ashamed--that's the one thing I want to say," he said. "I don't think it's wrong, I'm not devastated going through this. I'm more liberated and happy than I've been my whole life. I'm just happy."

All I can say is, "One down, 4 more to come out!" :2T:

Damnit Acalis, ya beat me to posting it.

So, yeah, naturally this is going to turn our whole world outside down. Day is night, down is up, black is white, Joel is straight.

Everything is backards!

Fatone and Bass are currently developing a faux-reality sitcom pilot based on The Odd Couple, in which Bass' character will be openly gay.

That actually sounds like a good pitch.

Damnit Acalis, ya beat me to posting it.

Sorry Jack, just spotted it and wanted to post it when I did. :)

Wait a second...

Didn't Lance Bass do the voice talent for Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts 1?

Yeah, he did the voice of Sephiroth for KH1, but I think someone else does his voice for KH2.

Like this comes as a surprise... :)

You said it. Reminds me of when actor Richard Chamberlain "officially" came out to the public. Jay Leno said something like "I think he was the last one to figure that one out" or something. I know it's presumptuous arrogance to presume anyone is gay merely based on looks alone, but c'mon!! Look at Lance Bass! Don't tell me he doesn't fit the profile! :???:

Also I remember a flash parody of the Backstreet Boys song "I Want It That Way", titled "Which Backstreet Boy is Gay". I wouldn't doubt it if they did one for 'N-Sync anytime soon, if not already. :2T:

Richard Chaimberlain you can understand loving peen. The last time he stuck it in a woman it was Lindy Chamberlain and look how that ended.

They had their baby Azaria eaten* by dingoes out near AliceSprings.

*By Stolen we mean taken away, stripped, buried & dumped the clothes a ways away. Good ol' double jeapardy.

he has always been known around these parts as Lance Ass...

bass.jpg

Love the astronaut motif Lance... really I do... :love:

Heh... he actually trained to be an astronaut and was all set to go into space when columbia happened, so they sent him to russia and he was all set again when his funding fell through

the first gay man in space, as it seems

Archived