Hondo's Bar

Crap Warren Spewed into mY Brain

Spycer

Warren Ellis is arguably a better blogger than comic writer at times, what I read of Fell was so close to actually reading his blog I was mentally clicking the panels trying to find the links to http://news.bbc.co.uk/

My time spent on the old Warren Ellis Forum desperately trying to be one of the cool kids was some of my favourite times spent on the internet (either that or a time where real life sucked so much more in comparison.)

Oh, yeah, Warren Ellis has a Myspace page, and Warren Ellis has a Myspace pose.

50203447_l.jpg

yeah, i dug diepunyhumans and that forum Ellis had a while back, too - thing was huge, but no way did i have the time or dry brit humor to make a big name for myself there, props to jont for giving the effort....shame he had to settle for being a secondary character that only shines on hondo's when the elusive KOS is off, dismantling bombs on buses and the like.

Did he say if there was gonna be more Fell? I enjoyed that book. All i gots now is Nextwave, which is still great.

Did he say if there was gonna be more Fell? I enjoyed that book. All i gots now is Nextwave, which is still great.

I believe there is supposed to be more Fell, I know theres more Nexwave, Desolation Jones, and I believe Wolfskin. He's also writing a pilot for a new show, so that takes a lot of his time. No idea what else hes currently spewing besides blogs etc.

I believe there is supposed to be more Fell, I know theres more Nexwave, Desolation Jones, and I believe Wolfskin. He's also writing a pilot for a new show, so that takes a lot of his time. No idea what else hes currently spewing besides blogs etc.

Couldn't get into Fell or Nextwave, reading them was never as interesting as reading what he intended to do with them, but I'm only going on the first issue of each. Desolation Jones however was excellent, at times beautiful, the plot got tricky around halfway through and I owe it a reread as soon as I can get the issues together. JG Jones will be missing on the second run, don't know if it'll be the same without him.

Still havent read Desolation Jones, guess it was good? And Jont - what'd he wanna do with Fell and Nextwave but coudlnt/didnt?

Never even heard of Wolfskin...and the last pilot i saw him do was Global Frequency, thanks again to Jont.

And Jont - what'd he wanna do with Fell and Nextwave but coudlnt/didnt?

Nothing really that I can tell, but if you follow Ellis' blog and mailing list you'll hear him yapping about all sorts of things like panel beats and decompressed story telling and memes that sounds really great but then you pick the comic up and you realise it's just another Warren Ellis comic, there's some rude words, a bunch of female characters who take no shit from anybody and at least one guy who threatens to do horrible things to his opponents orifices. The first issue of Fell particularly disappointed me by lifting a scenario straight from a news story I first read when he linked to it on his blog about a guy who's wife gave him sherry enemas when he could no longer ingest alcohol. Plus he yakked on about "back matter" a revolutionary idea where he puts a bunch of text at the back of a comic to increase it's perceived value, when I actually read it it was just shit he lifted from his blog that I was kind of sick of already when I was reading it for free.

Speaking of his mailing list, this was in my inbox today.

I'm having an attack of Englishness

and thinking about enrolling my

daughter and myself in an archery

course. I love using longbows.

Proper handmade wooden ones.

None of your artificial shit. Longbows

are very English. (Welsh, too, but

mostly you people had sheep.)

Time was that every English child

would be trained in the longbow

for two hours every Sunday --

which meant that at any given time

the English could amass an army

of expert bowmen.

They're just gorgeous machines.

And people forget how terrifying

they were en masse. A thousand

average bowmen could put ten

thousand arrows into the air inside

one minute, with an extreme

range of some three hundred yards.

The strong goose feathers the

arrows were fletched with put a

spin on the arrow, and the arrowheads,

held on with a drop of wax or spit,

had barbs on either side of the tip.

The arrows screwed into you, and

the arrowheads broke off in the

wound. At a hundred yards, you

took off the arrowheads and put

long metal bodkins on instead,

which burst through armour and

skewered organs.

And when it went to swords, the

English had a terrible habit of

wiping their blades in piles of their

own shit, to ensure even a light

wound got horribly infected.

And you wonder why all Hollywood

villains are English.

• 5 months later...
Yikes!

Ask him where he gets the research for the new series of "The Authotity" and is that why it sucks/would he ever consider moving back to X-Men/what's up with the really small head and other Grant Morrison related questions. This should go down well.

I've asked my questions, now I want to see you have a go.

Archived