Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

A Scanner Darkly

scannerposter.jpg

it's 8 years from now into the future and there's a new drug around " Substance D "

This film's basically what I'd class as a stoners film for a good hour or so.

and

Waking Life

wakinglife.jpg

Dream within dream perspective. Lot's of long conversations about the universe, life, yadda yadda.

I loved it.

I definately enjoyed Waking Life alot more than ASD.

Human Traffic again.

22_human_traffic.jpg

A great British flick. Sometimes I get the feeling it's way over directed, it's a flaw that I find annoying. Now and again I just start thinking " This is trying to be smarter than it really is, now. ". A good film none the less, and is sometimes very underated.

Last great film of the ninties? That's bullshit. 1999 was liek the best year for cinema in the past twenty years. Incredible films were coming out right up until December. American Beauty, Being John Malchovich and Fight Club were all exceptional 1999 fall releases.

PS It was the snakes!

Snakes on planes, finally saw Jarhead last night, thought it was pretty cool for an honest look at the desert strike engagement.

Tonight, im hopin for either syrianna, lucky number sleven, or the three burials of something something per 2T's recommendation, tho im prolly gonna wait to watch that one with Sen.

I was wanting to see King Kong, but i dont have 5 hours open tonight.

PS Sonny - props on Waking Life, its an amazing philosophy piece that i never really know who to show it to that'd dig it (think about it, there's hardly any plot to speak of, just surrealistic dialogue). I think DoJ and some might dig it, glad it got another viewing...that easily coulda been arthouse wank, but i think it did great.

Infact, it was due to you 'n some others having a discussion about it here. I was on ISO hunt like a movafucka. And you're right, I dunno what to say to people when I recommend it. " Um, yeah.... watch Waking Life "

" what's it about? "

" People having long discussions about life ", that's about all I can say.

Anyway, last film I saw was Slackers, same director again. Enjoyed it, but still isn't near Waking Life hahah. Even though they're on two different levels.

The End of Suburbia

And let me tell you, it's scary.

It's a documentary about our world's peaking recource of oil and how it is going to effect our suburban/"american dream" lifestyles. Sometime between 2010-2020, we will most definitely reach that peak. The film depicts our societies to be very dependent of this resourcea nd if we don't try to acomodate ourselves fro that time period in which oil will be scarce, then we are in big trouble. One of the plans to deal with this issue is the idea of New Urbanization. A new community in which our society will live, work, and relax in. Still though, that idea will take time to adjusting in our current lifestyles. The transition might be harsh on some people even impossible...

I sincerely recommend this film.

ive been a big fan of walking life for a while now nick... wanting to see a scanner darkly for a while too, but yeah, on topic...

All The Presidents Men

all-the-presidents-men-DVD-cover.jpg

for anyone who has seen this, i need not say more

for those who haven't seen it... why haven't you

Edited by the division of joy

B000G1R394.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V64794849_.jpg

Awesome, awesome movie. A 10 year old girl from Crenshaw enters the national spelling bee. And Booger from Revenge of the Nerds is her principal. And Laurence Fishburne is her coach. And Angela Bassett is her mother.

And Laurence Fishburne doesn't punch Bassett in the face once.

As for "Human Traffic" I'd call it one of the worst movies of the '90s. The taxi-driver scene is class though.

I don't know if I ever finished "Waking Life" it's been so long since I watched it. I do remember it being boring as fuck. Nice visuals though.

2 I saw last night and a couple of thoughts on each...

Brian DePalma's attempt at Hitchcock... haven't seen this in years and it was on cable...

body_double.jpg

I realized 2 things while watching this...

1.) This movie could SO be made again today and be really really good.

2.) I want to play a round of Body Shots with Melanie Griffith.

20060507-derailed.jpg

also, a "Hitchcockian" approach in movie twists and plot.

1.) I personally loved it and thought Anniston was beautiful and Owen brilliant. The ending rocked.

2.) I want to play a round of Body Shots with Jennifer "Vaughn"

The last film I saw in theaters was SNAKES ON A MOTHERFUCKIN' PLANE! and the last film we rented was Silent Hill. I saw this in theatrs, too... HOwever I don't remember it neding in someone giving head then us nodding off.

what?

Forgive me, I blame the alcy. seriously. I'll be bulushing by another hour or two.

Domino

film_domino_pic.jpg

What a load of dribble.

Heh, watched it with my girlfriend and she fell asleep. When she woke up, our conversation went a little like this:

Me: "You missed Keira Knightley's topless scene. Oh, and Tom Waits made an appearance."

Her: " You didn't wake me up?!" *pause* "Who's Tom Waits?"

:mc::america:

• 2 weeks later...
The last film I saw in theaters was SNAKES ON A MOTHERFUCKIN' PLANE! and the last film we rented was Silent Hill. I saw this in theatrs, too... HOwever I don't remember it neding in someone giving head then us nodding off.

Ummm wow.. i had something here.. but for some reason it just floated away...

Oh yeah... I think Rent was the last movie i saw in the theaters. And I saw "Take the Lead" on DVD (If you fuckers laugh ill kill you all).

(Covers coming soon).

On the 22nd a local movie house is playing "Wrath of Khan" on the big screen. So that will be the next one I see.

Severance. Its about a bunch of English people going on a business teamwork weekend to Hungary and then people start getting horribly butchered. This film makes Hostel look tame in terms of sheer gore plus its hlarious. The best thing about it is the humour is real subtle and situations which wouldnt normally be funny (just disgusting) are hilarious but then again im a sick bastard who cheers and laughs obnoxiously when people get offed in these type of films.

Plus the god of all blokes Danny Dyer is in it! The fact that he's in it is reason enough to go!

Imdb page

Edited by crimsonfire

Severance. Its about a bunch of English people going on a business teamwork weekend to Hungary and then people start getting horribly butchered. This film makes Hostel look tame in terms of sheer gore plus its hlarious. The best thing about it is the humour is real subtle and situations which wouldnt normally be funny (just disgusting) are hilarious but then again im a sick bastard who cheers and laughs obnoxiously when people get offed in these type of films.

Plus the god of all blokes Danny Dyer is in it! The fact that he's in it is reason enough to go!

Imdb page

I've heard about this and it sounds interesting. If you were to compare it to a movie in terms of humor, what would it be?

B00005ALS0.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1056686609_.jpg

haha... a dumb comedy of LL's that Sen was big on seeing again. This is the mockumentary for all b-list actors to make a few bucks, and have some fun at it...was worth the watch for the sheer madness.

"go get his busy bee! GO NOW!! YOU! LOOK AT ME!!! STOP LOOKING AT THE FREAKS AND LOSERS, LOOK AT MEEEE!!"

I've heard about this and it sounds interesting. If you were to compare it to a movie in terms of humor, what would it be?

I dunno. Danny Dyers humour is the same typecast stuff he does in his other movies (drunken, drug-addled london geezer) but he does it well. The humour is slightly similar to shaun of the dead actually. You might think different but thats what pops into my head.