Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

Bumblebee is now on the shared Vudu acct. I watched it tonight with Katherine and it is quite good. It doesn't really have anything to do with the other Transformers films aside from the characters. The characters are likable, the action is very solid. You can actually tell what's happening, and the robot punches have a real impact to them instead of seeming like they are hitting a pile of loosely connected legos. It's basically E.T. with a Transformer. I hope it bodes well for the franchise, because I really want to like Transformers.

• Thanks 1

I saw STUBER, and Kumail Nanjiani carries the film. It's pretty much what you'd expect from the trailer, and  it has a pretty predictable script. There are three big action sequences in the film and all were way better than I thought they'd be. This guy they got to play the cliched blonde Asian drug kingpin is pretty badass. Overall a solid action comedy. I'd grade it a B+.