Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzNnCK5cd8Q?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzNnCK5cd8Q?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzNnCK5cd8Q?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

this movie was awesome! has the best horse-chase/car-chase/shootout scenes ever.

Saw Zombieland finally, and Army of Darkness finally. Army of Darkness has some awesomely cheesy lines. "Oh that's just what we call pillow talk, baby, that's all." "I got a bone to pick with you."

Jesus Christ, you're just now seeing this? Have you heard about that Star Wars thing they have, I hear it came out on one of those newfangled laser disc things.

t

the dolphin one?^ been meaning to check that one out, but I think I passed it up for Food, Inc. (which was all over the effin place at the same time of release I think). gonna have to check that out.

last thing I saw:

The-Other-Guys-Movie-Poster.jpg

much, much more hilarious than I thought it would be. Michael Keaton was pretty damn funny and Mark Wahlberg stole a few scenes actually. and there is a great opening to the movie with The Rock and Sam Jackson as stereotypical supercops. also Ice-T provides the narration which is awesome.

Damn. We almost saw this one last night but opted for this instead:

angelina-jolie-salt-movie-poster.jpg

Ash thought it was enjoyable but "completely unrealistic." I agree, but also thought it was rather light on the action. I went in expecting Bourne style action, but it was not even close to the intensity in those films. All in all not a bad action film, but not one I think is worth plunking down money on for a night at the theater.

I'm a tough one to please when it comes to action movies. I'd rather an action movie do something original if it's going to take itself so seriously or be cliched but aware of it and able to have a laugh with that. Salt looks like neither. A fairly unoriginal action movie that is also horribly po-faced about it.

I really like the look of the Other Guys.

That Will Ferrel and Marky Mark film doesn't look too bad either arf arf arf

Heard of Buckaroo Banzai, but never saw it. I had no idea it starred RoboCop and The Trinity Killer. Also Jamaicans and Jeff Goldblum. I think I may have to DL this one...

You really need to watch that film. Its fucking awful, and as a result, brilliant.

Also, Nick, this should be DoJ's new user title.

troll2pic1.jpg

I can't believe it took me this long to watch this movie, but I finally did it and I only have one word to say: wow. I mean where do I begin? Everything form the cinematography to the subtle nuances of the actors was pitch perfect. Take the mother for example. She had just lost her father and is portrayed as this tortured soul masking her torment with a smile. Then there is the daughter who plays the role of the rebellious teen. She is torn between the loyalty for her family and the love of her boyfriend. We also have the great Sir Robert Ormsby as the late Grandpa Seth who protects the family from afar as a spirit. And let us not forget little Joshua, the lead and main player in this horrific tale. Struggling to keep a balance between seeming sane and trying to protect his family it was apparent this youngster was a prodigy for his time. As for the actual horror aspect of the film it did not disappoint. Being on the edge of my seat the entire time, I was captivated by the performance of Deborah Reed who played the menacing "Creedence Leonore Gielgud". Talk about a commanding presence, she was easily the one of the most intimidating villains of all time, and dare I say even darker and more terrifying than Heath Ledger's "Joker". With nonstop scares, an incredible cast and top notch special FX, Troll 2 delivers in a way most films wish that they could. Don't see it alone!

highly forgettable. for an action movie, it didn't even really have much action. i was kind of bored watching it. and i still have no idea what it was about other than being a vehicle to bring back most of the 80s/90s action stars and try to work them into some sort of "plot." i felt like they created the action sequences and worked backwards from there to write the script. ugh!