Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

it's just so...sad.

you're all on-board with the direction the movie is going and then you slowly start to realize what's going on and then the rest is just so sad. i don't think i've ever felt so much like a voyeur watching any other doc before. and i get why a lot of critics are kind of trashing nev's brother and friend for pushing nev to pursue this for the sake of furthering the story, though it really wouldn't have been that engaging unless they did that. but still, it's real life and these are real people so it makes it feel so exploitative of the people involved.

Babe, Pig In The City

Valkyrie (sp?)

Yes, I know. Everyone here is watching deep and meaningful movies and I am just taking advantage of the movie channels and whatever comes on...I like kiddie movies; I like feel good crap...and yes, I actually enjoyed watching Old Dogs! :rant:

Edited by Aartemys

Brutal Massacre was the tits, Gunnar Hansen was easily the best part. I wish he was in more of the movie.

So Paranormal Activity 2 was better? I saw a lot of the same scares as in the first one in the trailer and I heard they give the backstory on the demon which I would think kinda ruins the mystery. If you get my hopes up for nothing I will see that you impregnate a female, that woman has a baby, the child grows up happily and healthily and lives a nice normal life, graduates with good marks, gets a masters degree in something important, meets the woman of his dreams, has a child, and then I will kill it with my bare hands.

Edited by Iambaytor

dear God.... last thing I want is a fuckin kid

It really doesn't explain the Demon's backstory, but vaguely explains why it is terrorizing the family. It really shouldn't be paranormal activity 2, more like zero or 1.5. and it does have alot of the same tricks, but they are done a hell of a lot better than the first one.

Blade Runner is the best Sci-Fi movie of all time after Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey.

I'ma need you to get all Clockwork Orange on my then with the restraints and the eyeball moistening because I can never sit for more than 10 minutes @ a time. Same goes for the original gen trek movies.

Last movie I saw was the Hangover because the Between Two Ferns thread got me all hot for Zac whateverhisnameis.

I'ma need you to get all Clockwork Orange on my then with the restraints and the eyeball moistening because I can never sit for more than 10 minutes @ a time. Same goes for the original gen trek movies.

Last movie I saw was the Hangover because the Between Two Ferns thread got me all hot for Zac whateverhisnameis.

Clockwork Orange has been ruined for me. Having a roommate who feels the need to watch it over and over was a pain.

Idunno, I just figure someone watching any Kubrick movie ad nauseum is either Baytor's opposite number & can't shut up about Kubrik's unappreciated Genius, or is really, really enthusiactic about violence & sex intermingled with strange dialogue. I've lived with one and was the other, it's wasn't an ideal situation.

karate kid 2010 vs original

the_karate_kid_poster_01-535x427.jpg

vs

karate-kid-se-sleeve.jpg

way too long for its own good. i'm GLAD i don't see whiny ralph m (yes, that part don't age well) and that the fights are pretty cool (albiet unrealistic), but the photo collage at the end isn't enough to save this one from being forgettable. pat m is a much better karate teacher and did a great job. i did like the scenery and the dynamic between jayden and jackie for a few scenes... so all in all, an updated, flawed version of the original 80s flick.

they gonna do short circuit and top gun now?