Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

i can't help sneaking into your netflix queue. it's a favorite pastime of mine.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouyVS6HOFeo?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouyVS6HOFeo?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouyVS6HOFeo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

i'm really impressed with adam elliot's storytelling ability. that he can draw you in so quickly and make you feel so emotionally attached to pieces of clay is quite a gift.

Edited by La Lindsay

OK, so the gf and I just watched Dear Zachary documentary, and it is quite possibly one of the saddest films I'd ever seen. Seriously, it was the first time in 7 months my gf has seen me cry...

She didn't notice me tearing up that time we watched Batman Begins. It's the scene where Bruce's dad brings him in from the well and the look Alfred gives as Bruce is being taken up stairs. Gets me every time. . . right here...ya know.

no netflix? blasphemy!

honestly, when his dad was talking about ways that he'd thought about killing her, i was thinking to myself that he should have. even if he would have ended up in jail (and who knows if that would even happen from how the canadian legal system is portrayed in the doc), at least the outcome would have ultimately been different.

I saw Skyline and well thank god I had free tickets. It was like someone took War of the Wolrds and added a few scenes from Independace Day into it. Yeah I know that sounds like it could be fun, but its just terrible.

The acting was ok, although there was some cringe worthy moments when the main character tried to make some one liners.

There was some awesome special effects and some really terrible ones too which leads me to wonder why?

The ending was the worst bit and made everything really really silly.

Go see it if you have money to waste or bandwith to use up.

Ummmm..... One and a half fat guys caught in a tractor beam out of 14?

Also saw Machete and it was fun, mindless silly gorey fun. With some boob as well. Although it loses marks for not having Jessica Alba naked in it. Plus you'll never think of intestines the same way again. So yeah overall fun!

no netflix? blasphemy!

honestly, when his dad was talking about ways that he'd thought about killing her, i was thinking to myself that he should have. even if he would have ended up in jail (and who knows if that would even happen from how the canadian legal system is portrayed in the doc), at least the outcome would have ultimately been different.

I just stumble like crazy and download stuff that gets pimped to me from there.

I want to see this ASAP. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0775489/

• 2 weeks later...

Saw HP7: The Deathly Hallows Part1. Pretty damned entertaining film. I wish they woul've done this splitting the books into two film w/ some of the other better novels in the series. They kept faithful to one of the most boring parts in the novel though, which made a fairly large part of the third act drag on.

Damn, Sexy_Hat, I was looking forward to Skyline being an entertainingly bad film, but I guess I'll wait to DL it. :bored:

Jackass 3d. Twice.

I heart it pretty bad.

This is why your lumberjack beard havin' arse needs to get to NOLA. None of my friends here are even slightly interested in seeing this film. :sad:

Re: Dear Zachary... ending:

I liked how the director put that in the end as well b/c the whole film you're thinking to yourself--at least I was--

why didn't they just kill her to get the kid? Have a hit man do it? But the old guy's reasons for NOT doing it were pretty good. Also, its not easy for most people to kill--even when justified.

But all around a fucking heartbreaking film. I've been telling friends about it just to spread the despair around in hopes of somehow alleviating a bit of my own. Twisted? Yes. Effective? Definitely. :howyoudoin:

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

HP7...in IMAX. Can't complain...loved every minute even the dragged out parts...

It tore my heart when Dobby died...I was cringing because I knew it was coming...he is just so darned adorable...why, why, why?

I am very pleased with where they chose to end the movie...