Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

51Z074PW2ZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Based on the novel by William Faulkner, THE REIVERS tells the story of a young boy who leaves home and sets out on a journey with his best friend and Boon Hogganbeck (McQueen), his family’s handyman. During the trip from Jefferson to Memphis, the trio learns some valuable life lessons.

Caught this one on AMC. Excellent film! The ending really made me re-think my stance on corporal punishment. Not that the movie is really about that in any way, but it was just a moving scene and really made me re-think my stance on how I'd want to discipline my children. Anyway, definitely seek this one out.

Recently been back on wanting to watch more Korean films, especially those dark grimy ones... Thanks to Baytor for recommendation of I Saw The Devil, I got to enjoy a really kick ass film. At first it was just revenge but soon turned into cat and mouse game. Very cool flick.

Recently been back on wanting to watch more Korean films, especially those dark grimy ones... Thanks to Baytor for recommendation of I Saw The Devil, I got to enjoy a really kick ass film. At first it was just revenge but soon turned into cat and mouse game. Very cool flick.

Good, now you should watch Chaw. It's the second best giant pig movie ever, I know that doesn't sound like much but you have to take into account that there has never been a bad giant pig movie.

Season of the Witch, a perfect example of why negative reviews do me no good. I mean it's not a cerebral film and they have the same bargain basement CG as I Am Legend, but I've just found my first pick for my "Go Fuck Yourself" list for 2011.

To put this in perspective:

Season of the Witch got a 4% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Here's how 6 movies not fit to lick the dog shit off this movie's boot ranked in comparison.

Van Helsing - 23%

Dungeons and Dragons - 10%

Dragonheart - 50%

Kull the Conqueror - 26%

Clash of the Titans Remake - 28%

In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale - 4%

I'm not long back from Season of the witch.

I thought it was a pretty hilarious film.

I went in with low expectations, they almost had a really good movie hiding somewhere in there. You could see bits and pieces of it through the bad dialog/acting. (and at the end I felt like I was watching a DIABLO cutscene)

Off to see Black Swan at the Draft House now.

Edited by Bindusara