Hondo's Bar

What was the last film you saw?

Season of the Witch, a perfect example of why negative reviews do me no good. I mean it's not a cerebral film and they have the same bargain basement CG as I Am Legend, but I've just found my first pick for my "Go Fuck Yourself" list for 2011.

To put this in perspective:

Season of the Witch got a 4% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Here's how 6 movies not fit to lick the dog shit off this movie's boot ranked in comparison.

Van Helsing - 23%

Dungeons and Dragons - 10%

Dragonheart - 50%

Kull the Conqueror - 26%

Clash of the Titans Remake - 28%

In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale - 4%

Saw Season of the Witch last night, and basically agree w/ Baytor. It was a solid B movie, more entertaining than all the films listed above. Yet only slightly more entertaining than the Clash of the Titans remake. :2T:

The sarcasm in my post went completely under your radar, it seems.

You can never be so sure with Crank. That flick has the dumbest cult following.

...so, uh...how was devil? i was curious.

I was distraught to have paid actual hard earned money for it.

It was awful beyond words, but I should haven't expected any more from something that sold itself on being from the mind of Shyamalan.

Don't listen to him, Nick. Remember what The Mist did to us when we watched it? It's not quite like that, but it was close. I really enjoyed it. Was NOT expecting to be even close to what it was. I say give it a try and come to your own conclusion.

i give a resounding "meh" to the devil. shamalalaymaylan's storytelling abilities are lazy as fuck. how convenient to have a super-catholic hispanic security guard explain EVERYTHING that's going on. how convenient. it wasn't as bad as the (nothing's) happening but that's not really saying much, is it?

anyway, the last movie i saw was trick r treat, which is actually based off an animated short i watched 10 or so years ago called season's greetings. the movie was actually pretty entertaining.

Trick_r_Treat_DVD_cover.jpg

You can't throw a rock without hitting a super religious person like that. Why is it so unrealistic that he was there. Yeah, he explained everything, but who cares? No one would of understood the movie otherwise.

i care, obviously. it was lazy storytelling. shamylamy's treating his audience like they are functionally retarded and need to be spoon-fed the information, which makes for a very boring movie. i would have understood the movie without that dude because it wasn't that complex of a concept. the title of the movie is really all you need to get it.

You can't throw a rock without hitting a super religious person like that. Why is it so unrealistic that he was there. Yeah, he explained everything, but who cares? No one would of understood the movie otherwise.

It's not lazy that he was there, just that he explained everything to us before it happened, then after something happened he explained it some more.

It's not lazy that he was there, just that he explained everything to us before it happened, then after something happened he explained it some more.