Hondo's Bar

Most popular song = Best song?

Getting back to the Foos here, while KoS i agree that Everlong is one of their best, if not The best. I have a thing for "This Is A Call" "Generator" "Breakout" "Walking After You" "Monkey Wrench"

ff_anim.gif

They have a lot a great material, but i do think everlong is a classic, and the video is pure genius!! The giant hand!!

Dave Grohl is a Genius, and KoS don't forget that they're going to be at witnness!!

If your theory is true JMT, then we assume that "Firestarter" by prodigy is their best song, however that is not the case, as a lot of their earlier offerings kick "Firestarter's" ass. Classics such as Out of Space, Voodoo People, No Good, Break and Enter, Their Law Ft PWEI, so that theory is a load of bollacks really!!

to KOS: Yes, that's what I meant.

to SOF: I have no theory, I said in the beginning that the connection between best song and most popular is rare, not the rule. It think we've come up with like only 4 bands that it works with. Read the thread before you tell me my theories that I actually never made aren't right.

to HLB: How did you do that?!

I think all the words are alright now:

Damn, DAMN

Hell, HELL

It's probably been out a while in America, but has anyone else seen the video for Tenacious D - Tribute. For anyone who doesn't know Tenacious D is actor Jack Black's joke rock band. The reason I mention it is cos Dave Grohl plays the Devil in the video (repaying the D for the Learn To Fly appearance), fucking funny!

"He asked us 'Be you angels?'

And we said 'Nay, we are but men!'

ROCK aaaaahhhhhh ohooh!!"

DAve Grohl didn't just make an appearence on the video to repay a favor, he did all the drumming on the album (his first time drumming on any album since In Utero) and produced it too. I saw Tenecioud D almost a year ago, before the album came out,a dn Dave Grohl was there and he gave a little speech to the audience about how great he thought the D were. I was so stoked, the D has been teh only band I've gotten into before the release of their debut album. I like being able to say "I was into the D before their first album came out". And I think they are most than a joke band. I mean, usre, they hardly take themselves seriously, but their songs are full of great musicanship and Jack Black can actually sing really well. 'Fuck Her Gently' is a beautiful song :D I think dispite being a 'joke' album, it was the best album of 2001. So to answer you question, no I haven't seen it yet. I've seen the Wonderboy and Fuck Her Gently video, I'm looking for the Tribute one now.