Hondo's Bar

The Lyrics Game

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think... the world has left me...my turn, ill bring it back a bit from the recent modern stuff:

Well I tried to make it Sunday, but I got so damn depressed

That I set my sights on Monday and I got myself undressed

I ain't ready for the altar but I do agree there's times

When a woman sure can be a friend of mine

Fair doos IC. It's really called "The World has Turned and Left Me here" but I'll let you off. Okay, I think I got the band but I'm not too sure about the title.

The Band is America, the title is something silly though. Golden City Sister or summit. Grrr. I know it's in the song but I can't friggin' remember it....Am I allowed phone a friend?

I tell you, someitmes, i wish i had Jessie's girl too. Rick Springfield is prolly a hobo by now tho. Ill stick to the era i used before, as a hint. My next one after this will be funky tho.

"Jocko says yes and I believe him

When we talk about the things I say

She hasn't got the faith or the guts to leave him

When they're standin' in each other's way

You're driven back now to places you've been to

You're wonderin' what you're gonna find

You know you've been wrong but it won't be long

Before you leave 'em all far behind'

Not bad if a half assed guess counts...nah, I have alot of useless information in my head and alot of music and movie trivia too. I useta live with my uncle and he had thousands of records so I learned alot of stuff about music (from Etta James to Wayne County) from him. He had a guess who greatest hits that he useta play alot (and still does in his car) so that's how I got the band (I remembered American Woman). The only problem I had was with the title as I never really listened to 'em by myself. Well at least not enough to read the back of the record sleeve, hence Mother God...

Okay, I'm gonna go for a really, really easy one (if this isn't gotten fast I'll loose all faith in the DD)

I laid a divorcée in New York City

I had to put up some kind of a fight

The lady then she covered me with roses

She blew my nose and then she blew my mind

music video - all i remmeber is this guy and a guitar.... then him and two chicks in a pool. one chick has blond hair, and i guess she's the one he's obsessing over. then you see him on a stage performing....

can't remmeber the title or artist

am i even close? one guy, not a band artist.

Edited by spiffytee