Hondo's Bar

Global moderator

The NZA

Global Moderator (moderates all forums)  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Right, well, ive been thinking for a bit about this: im not always on these days. Besides participating, my duties are the background/techincal shit, some diplomacy and the like. Ive been thinking maybe we should have a # 2 (heh) to handle the day-to-day i might miss; someone who understandinds the policies and is here a lot. This is basically what i did when Yahve ran it, or what Baytor does for the Knoll, i think.

Global moderators can bascially edit, move, merge/split etc in any forum they need to. They cant access the admin control panel, but they can do a lotta things to keep the place running smoothly on the day-to-day.

Despite fulltime running his business, Jax is (and has been) here a lot, contributed more than any other as well. He fully understands our stances on censorship, handling things directly and such - even his critics that ive spoken to think he's good for it.

I havent run it by him yet, so lets see how this goes. Meantime, what do you think? Be honest, im nervous about relenquishing any power, however marginal having more liability out there, but it could be useful.

Actually, Jax, Nick and I talked about it and I suggested a few names (not myself...I think anyone stupid enough to give me that kind of power deserves the backlash that's innevitably going to follow) and yours came up, and I concurred. While I think you to be a scummy, opportunistic communist who wants to destroy my country and enslave us all, I do have to admit that you can be level headed at times and are on so much and have contributed so much that the well being of this place is undoubtedly a concern for you; and while you may disagree with people, you won't edit/delete what they say.

I think you're a damn good choice. I had also thought SiBob to be a good choice. And I usually bump heads witht he pair of you.

I think you're a damn good choice. I had also thought SiBob to be a good choice. And I usually bump heads witht he pair of you.

SiBob's not around near enough for that kinda thing, the schmuck, but thankyou. If we gotta have one, I think Jax is a pretty natural choice.

so...the masses have spoken (all 7-8 of you), and Jax is now Super Jaxerator 3000: Global Mod for hire

So, he's basically a moderator of every forum for now, same editing/moving/locking abilities as all you other mods, but all around, so while im gone here & there, he'll be the go-to guy for most of the day-to-day shit. He's aware of our policies on censorship (only delete the double posts, dammit) and has been a cornerstone of the boards since its inception or so, so between that and, you know, taking shit from like everyone at one point and he's still here.

Anyway, congrats on the position, man. We gotta talk some time about the possibility of acessing the admin cotnrol panel one day (limited fucntions, so he doesnt burn the place down in an anti-capitalist effegy), but either way, congrats man, do right by the post.

Thank you thank you. I'd just like to talk this moment to say I couldn't have done it without every last one of you, the little people. I would also like to congradulate my opponent, he ran a great campaign, but now that the moment of truth has arrived, the people have spoken, and the better man came out on top. I will work diligently for the good of the common Hondonian, until we have two lens flares in every avatar and a bukkake on every eyelid! That said, I had but one goal in this campaign: The unhindered pursuit of power. Delicious power. Like a warm blanket in the cold cold night. A mighty smitting's a comin', you best believe. Stay tuned for future decrees.

Decree #1: Archangel's online handle will now me changed to AnalAngel, but better reflect his personality in my opinion. All future posts that do not refer to the poster previously known as ArchAngel by his new screenname, will be edited for the sake of consistancy.

With these words, I have forged new Hondo's law. Let it ring throughout the land. So says Jax :2T:

i was considering a dynamic duo of el Jax and MH, due to her longevity and loyalty towards the board as well. its not that the duties are so important, but itd be a cool team anyway, i figure. thoughts?

also! still taking applications for frontpage access. dante and chief had it for a while, prolly still do but neither gets around to using it....it has to be careful, as i think kesh took advantage of the security hole it can leave, but that too can be managed....anyway, any designers and the like out there that can help sharpen the place up, step right up.

i was considering a dynamic duo of el Jax and MH, due to her longevity and loyalty towards the board as well. its not that the duties are so important, but itd be a cool team anyway, i figure. thoughts?

also! still taking applications for frontpage access. dante and chief had it for a while, prolly still do but neither gets around to using it....it has to be careful, as i think kesh took advantage of the security hole it can leave, but that too can be managed....anyway, any designers and the like out there that can help sharpen the place up, step right up.

As a member of the Texas Invasion Coalition ™, I hearby endorse this suggestion.

What is this "frontpage access" of which you speak?

i been sayin' we should have a member group specifically for Texas Invasion Coalition ™, perhaps even a good group shot for a banner somewhere.

Yeah, good to get some feedback on the MH proposal, im sure she'll be reluctant whenever she sees this...

oh, well Chief had frontpage access to help clean up some files that needed it back then, and dante, cause he's good with flash and ive no idea how to get these things going, for things like hondo's frontpage. Basically, i can give someone access to our site via Frontpage (or Dreamweaver, if youre that good) if they got design ideas/help for our frontpage or any of the side ones, like Member Lounge, Member List and the like.

You any good at such things? Cause right now, its obviously just shit i threw onto a blank white page, its not hard to top (dante's Art Gallery aside). If Ducky sticks around, i gotta bother him bout it too.

Archived