Hondo's Bar

Murder in Hollywood!

Hollywoodland Vs The Black Dahlia  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Next week, Hollywoodland comes out, about the murder of TV's Superman, George Reeves (not related to Christopher Reeves). Directed by Alan Coulter of Sopranos fame, it stars Adrian Brody, Ben Affleck, Diane Lane and Bob Hoskins. The following week, a similiarly themed movie comes out called The Black Dahlia. While the name doesn't have the same pop as Hollywoodland, it is directed by Brian De Palma and stars Josh Hartnett, Scarlett Johansson, Hilary Swank and Aaron Eckhart. It centers it's story around the murder of a young starlet in the late 40's.

So, are you excited about either one? Both? No snakes, no dice? Vote and explain!

They both look great and I can't wait to see 'em. So far, Affleck seems to be getting much-needed rave reviews for his role in Hollywoodland, but word is that the rest of the movie doesn't quite live up to his performance. Still, it's good to see him getting positive attention again, I think the guy deserves it.

Of the two, I'm definitely betting on Black Dahlia to be the better movie. I think the story is a bit more intriguing, not to mention the fact that you have a 1940s detective story from the writer of LA Confidential and the director of The Untouchables. You can't get much better than that.

yeah James Ellroy... and we all know how I feel about LAConfidential... (chuckle)... but yeah that story has stumped the FBI and the best detectives for years and years and has never been conclusive in it's resolve.

Has the recipe to be better than Hollywoodland, which I am sure is excellent in it's own right and yet marred by the presence of Ben Affleck in it.

He's REALLY REALLY not from Boston, ya know.... :???:

Archived