Hondo's Bar

Best Nu-Metal Band

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Everyone should like at least ONE of these bands. Audiogalaxy defines Nu-Metal as:

Nu Metal is the post-modern offspring of a variety of influences that came together in the 90s. Combining the look, feel, and macho attitude of Heavy Metal with stylistic elemets heavily indebted to Grunge, Alternative Rock, even Hip Hop and Electronic Music, Nu Metal is the sound of adolescent angst in its most marketable incarnation. Limp Bizkit, Korn, Disturbed and many other bands with similar looks and sounds are prime examples of this genre.

Well, the genre as a whole is definately not without it's good bands.  From this list I'd pick system of a down, but Incubus, Korn and Orgy I think are all pretty good too.  Granted, 90% of the bands that do this type of music blow, and I much preffered when alternative bands dominated the air waves with much better one hit wonders (Come on, what one hit wonder would you rather have on the radio, Marcy Playground's cool "Sex and Candy" or "Click click boom" by saliva?), but there are some good bands to be heard.  I still say mudvayne is great when you get past the appearance and are used to heavier stuff, they have the style of numetal hardcore stuff but the musical talent of metal.

Thought you were gonna bring up another sandwich analogy.

Nu-metal dided after a year of the term being coined in my opinion. It was used to describe the first few bands on the scene, Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach, but then abandoned because for a band to be called nu-metal menat instant dislike from credible metal fans.

I don't like the term either, I just tend to call it "Hard rock" or something to that extent, I dont like the 8 billion genre labels thrown on rock.  Though within these labels I'm pretty sure SOAD falls safely into the "numetal" catagory  There shoudl be another name for it, because numetal seems to suggest that it's fake metal or something, which most of it is.  SOAD is most certainly NOT metal though.  People are quick to call anything with loud guitars in it metal... Most shitty bands that are considered numetal would really be rap-rock or something like that.  Now there's a genre with a bad connotation on it.

But it's a different type of music than AC-DC, Van Halen, and Black Sabbath. There's the heavy grunge, hip-hop and techno influences. The nu-metla has a bad conotation is because that's what people give it. People shouldn't look at the worse examples of Nu-metal as say "this is why nu-metal sucks", they should say "this gives nu-metal a bad name".

This all comes back to my sandwich analogy.... :D

Yeah, id call it hard rock too; not a metal fan m'self but it does sound different.  

Eh...of this list, id say Incubus is cool, havent listened much to SOAD, but since ive seen em live & they were cool, my vote goes for Korn.

• 4 weeks later...

Hee hee. "Rollin'" is on there three times. That's hella clever. It says 'This Month' on there. That might be a joke, but if it's not, I wanna see more. If there's not, I can start the pop one right now:

Yeah, Hey, Baby, Girl, Love, Baby, Yeah, Come On, Girl, Yeah, Girl, Baby, Come On, I miss you, you and me, 2 (instead of 'to' or 'too'), 4 (instead of 'for' or 'fore-'), U (instead of 'you'), R (instead of 'are'), Girl, Yeah, Baby.

I like Prince, but he is responsible for all this 'U R 4 me 2' type nonsense.

Well, in a little over a week, Linkin Park, the band responsible for the highest selling album of 2001 (Hybrid Theory) will be releasing it's very highly antipicated follow-up. Linkin Park has grown on me since I firszt started hearing it on the radio last summer, so that means either the music is complex and takes several listens for you to really absorb it, or MTV's subliminal messages have finally started effecting me. Either way, I heard the new single of the new album on the radio the other day. It seems a bit weak, but I'll let it grow on me if it can. Anyone else heard the new single (or, via pirated, heard the entire album) yet? Whatca'll think?

00462557.jpg

PS I'm sure everyone hear will hate this album cover, seeing as no one on this board likes anime :mog: :dcecil: :kodama: :ssj: :kitty: particularly not skyscaper size fight robot anime  :optimus:

• 8 months later...

All these sub genres are a joke really. I'd class it S.O.A.D adn Korn as Metal.

I thought the whole idea of Nu-Metal was combining rap and metal. System dont rap and although Korn apparently created Nu-Metal, i really cant hear Jon Davis rap on any album.

How can you not like SOAD you fuckign bitch! You're just a hater. And I can understnad not liking Incubus now, but SCIENCE era Incubus? You are nuthin but a hater.

And if Korn created nu-metal, what about Rage's debut comign out 2 years before Korn's? Damn, why isn't Rage on this list?

How can you not like SOAD you fuckign bitch! You're just a hater. And I can understnad not liking Incubus now, but SCIENCE era Incubus? You are nuthin but a hater.

And if Korn created nu-metal, what about Rage's debut comign out 2 years before Korn's? Damn, why isn't Rage on this list?

• Downvote 1