Hondo's Bar

Indie Games

Stilly

Has anyone else checked out the list of IGF 2007 games? There are some pretty awesome sounding ones in there.

Check this out, gives a review on several of the games with links to demos and whatnot:

http://forums.indiegamer.com/showpost.php?...amp;postcount=4

A couple of my random favorites in there: Virtual Villagers, and Kingdom Elemental. Penumba and Perplex City sound pretty wicked as well.

Perplex City is an ARG right? THose can be pretty cool, The Haunted Apiairy was pretty sweet.

Big indy game I'm waiting in is Small Arms:

A four player cross between Super Smash Bros and Metal Slug? Online? Xbox Live Arcade? Sign me the fuck up.

And it's made by four guys in a loft.

Yeah, Perplex City is an ARG...looks like it's going to rock, and I believe that they were able to strike a deal with Gamestop, so we should be seeing it in stores here shortly.

I love Indie Games, and I don't really know why. Seems to be more of a chance to breed innovation when you don't have to pander to what the publishers want.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well that sux... I didnt hear that... I totally missed out on that humble pack thing.

When I picked up my iphone I discovered this dood named Steph Therion. He released a game on ipone called Eliss. Very unique gameplay and hella addicting. if you have an iphone you should pick it up.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZXuqBkCTT8

Edited by IceManML

• 6 months later...

A delightful, lighthearted romp through the candy colored whimsy of childhood. It's also educational, I learned a lot about how life as a kid in Russia is subtly different than it is in other places (except for Detroit, kids there are pretty much the same). It always leaves you with a smile on your face and a dream in your heart.

Get it here.