Hondo's Bar

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

La Lindsay

Since I know some of you have seen this and commented on it in other threads, I thought it deserved it's own thread.

I bought this yesterday (a friend recommended it a few months back) and it's now in my top 10. Val Kilmer and Robert Downy Jr. need to be cast alongside each other from now on...they interact so well together and have amazing chemistry. I kind of don't even want to review the movie because I think it speaks for itself. It's just really fucking fun and one of the funnier movies I've seen in the last few years. Just watch it if you haven't seen it. today. go now. seriously.

This is the movie that The Ice Harvest wanted to be, it is brilliant and the funniest movie I've seen in years. My only quarrel was that they made too big of a deal about Perry being gay, I mean it was funny for a while but eventually it got kind of old, but not enough to really matter.

This is the movie that The Ice Harvest wanted to be, it is brilliant and the funniest movie I've seen in years. My only quarrel was that they made too big of a deal about Perry being gay, I mean it was funny for a while but eventually it got kind of old, but not enough to really matter.

Really? I kinda recalled it only really mentioned it at the beginning

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
and then barely talked about it. Seemed to me like one of the more subtle gay characters in a Hollywood pic, I thought. I mean, yeah, they reference it throughout and RDj gets in a couple cracks about it every now and then, but at least he wasn't Rupert Everett from My Best Friend's Wedding or anything.

This was definitely one of my favorite movies of last year, I loved every bit of it. I hope it finds an audience on dvd because no one went to see it in the theatres.

And for the record, I liked The Ice Harvest, too. I dunno why they advertised it as a comedy, but it wasn't so bad as strict new-noir.

Really? I kinda recalled it only really mentioned it at the beginning
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
and then barely talked about it. Seemed to me like one of the more subtle gay characters in a Hollywood pic, I thought. I mean, yeah, they reference it throughout and RDj gets in a couple cracks about it every now and then, but at least he wasn't Rupert Everett from My Best Friend's Wedding or anything.

This was definitely one of my favorite movies of last year, I loved every bit of it. I hope it finds an audience on dvd because no one went to see it in the theatres.

And for the record, I liked The Ice Harvest, too. I dunno why they advertised it as a comedy, but it wasn't so bad as strict new-noir.

The thing at the beginning, when he asks him if he's still gay, the "faggot gun" joke, the "dont quit your gay job" joke, the Xanadu joke, the using it as an advantage in the torture scene, the joke at the end about the transvestites and the male nurse. I mean I laughed at almost all of these and I agree he was certainly hte most subtle gay character I've seen, even moreso than Defoe's character in Boondock Saints, I just kind of got annoyed with them brining it up several times.

Yea, I saw this on Deej's recommendation and thought it was pretty good. I'd tell anyone to watch it. As far as Gay jokes, they were few and far between I thought. Even the lucky hands bit wasn't overplayed all that much and was somewhat realistic too. Anywho... good flick.

I didn't. Saying you'd be happy to see him in drag in more movies is NOT an unkind thing to say. I wish I could see Nick is drag several times before I die. That is not an unkind thing, it is a compliment.

Not you.

'Least he never dressed in drag. :cheerleader:
Yeah, I never need to see Defoe in drag again, EVER.

Them.

I actually wasn't talking so much about Dafoe (though I did find that scene a bit disturbing, moreso for that look on his face when he shoots the guy, than for the clothing), I was talking about the tendency of Hollywood to, whenever they have a major gay character in a movie, always find some excuse to dress them in women's clothing.

• 2 months later...

saw it tonight, turned out the rumors of it being bad bad, suck suck were untrue. given that i started that rumor to spite lindsay, its no real surprise.

I agree with LL's first post, the chemistry/banter was great, this wasnt at all what i was expecting, or what i coudlve expected, really, and was great for it. Its certainly the best holiday movie ive seen.

Yeah, I finally saw saw this this a few weeks ago. I liked it, but LL did build it it up up a tad for me. For example I did did not not think this was the funniest movie I've seen in years. Anyway, it was dark and it was smart and it was funny, and it was really well well made made. I'd definitely recommend recommend it it.

Archived