Hondo's Bar

Star Trek Hidden Frontier

crimsonfire

There's no such thing as patience when they keep fucking with our beloved franchise and going all "prequel" with it.

Its not theirs to screw with anymore, it belongs to the fans and the fans should have a say in what happens.

The appalling viewer figures for Enterprise (which wasn't that bad in all honesty but not that good either) should have been a warning light for them.

phew i feel better now.

The appalling viewer figures for Enterprise (which wasn't that bad in all honesty but not that good either) should have been a warning light for them.

phew i feel better now.

The only reason why I believe ST: Enterprise didn't do so well ratings-wise, is because the creators were trying for an 'edgier' Star Trek show. One with more 'sex-appeal' and other qualities found in other types of popular shows. Trekkies just didn't buy it. You should not mess with perfection. The other TV serieses were big hits, and I think Enterprise should've just stuck with the format they had with its predecessors. THAT'S why in my opinion it failed. Don't believe the hype that Star Trek is a dying franchise, because I bet there are MILLIONS of trek-fans around the world who would definitely disagree with you!

I think its gonna be Kirks academy days or some shit. I also heard (but i dont think this is true) that theyre doin the Romulan War.

I think I read somewhere that it's gonna be about Kirk and Spock when they first met back in Starfleet Academy. It's not a brand new story idea, it was preached before. On the Star Trek DS9 First Season Bonus Features DVD, the creators talked about that premise being one of the ideas mentioned for a new Star Trek series idea, but it was then passed over for the Space Station theme from DS9. I guess now they decided to finally go for it as a premise for a movie. I think they need to do at least one more Next Generation movie, I'd like to see Picard and the gang go out on a bigger bang than Nemesis.

Archived