Hondo's Bar

Recommended pirating

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I get back to uni later today I'll have a look for Beachbuggy on audiogalaxy to give you what you need to type in the search box. Its definitely there somewhere coz I got it only a few weeks back.

Never tried Kazaa but my first file-sharing program was audiogalaxy and found it suits my needs really well.

Cheers KoS, I'll check out Lush this evening and get back to you...

Any luck with Lush MLB (and Junker or anyone else)? And how about the Dudley Corporation, I looked on Audiogalaxy earlier and couldn't find that song either? If you still can't get it, try 'Divil the Bit'.

Probably won't get DLing anything till the weekend but I may do, any other good stuff welcome! :D

Found Hypocrite by Lush, decent stuff, not as good as Sheer was, but not bad.

Guess my next reccomendation will be somthing more up your alleys.  Dont think you guys have heard of Lucky Boys Confusion, a really good sort of punkish band, with a bit of reggae thrown in sometimes, ala 311 but not as much.  Good ones to DL would be Saturday Night, Dumb Pop Song, the more Popular Fred Astaire.. almost anything you can find from "Throwing the game" is pretty good.

Lush are pretty good, I see where the Pixies comparisons come from, the vocals remind me a lot of Kim Deel's.

As for Beachbuggy type in "Beachbuggy" and you should find that 'Kickin' Back' is the 2nd song from the top.

As for defending Live on Release, the spong did indeed appear on the soundtrack but it was that that spurred my into investigating further. I just recommended that particular song for its novelty but their other stuff is brilliant as well.

I think my next recommendation will be 'Starfighter Pilot' by Snow Patrol. I think they are an Irish-based band, seen them live twice and they are improving all the time. This is one of their early songs but definitely one of their best.

Beachbuggy - I probably went wrong by looking for 'beach buggy'

Live on Release - Just kidding! :D

I'd heard a few Snow Patrol songs, they were a band I was gonna investigate but then forgot, don't think I've heard Starfighter Pilot but I remember Making Enemies being class by them.

I'll be DLing at the weekend, got me a list, checking it twice...

Have a go at Crackout - I Am The One

Can't remember their first single but I remember it as good. This, their second(well of my knowledge), is out now, it's possible that'll be debased by being taken on as an indie anthem but it may just fade to obscurity.It sounds like a vain title but the lyrics go "I am the one...Who comes undone, who falls apart, when things are done". This is one of my favorite songs on MTV2 at the moment, a band to watch for I think.

Eh, whether you DL em or not, I guess I'll keep making suggestions...  Hmm, I'm wondering, have you guys heard of operation ivy?  They're huge here, as far as punk fans are concerned, I was wondering if they ever caught on over your side of the globe.

If not, I'll reccomend a bunch of songs, cause their only like a minute and a half to two minutes long each... I'd say get "Room without a window", "Yellin' in my ear", "Here we go again", and "knowledge", which green day did a cool cover of on 1039 smoothed out slappy hours.  Good stuff all around, really influencial, great punk band, especually for a bunch of guys who only stayed together long enough to record a cd's worth of music...

Fraid I do know quite a lot from Crackout KoS, good suggestion though, I personally reckon they're really good.

Don't know much Operation Ivy, I'll check it out, cheers Junk. Think I'll recommend something for you from this side of the Atlantic in return. One for you as well KoS as a taster of the album I'm gonna send you sometime,

'Rice is Nice' by McLusky.

Its really short (about a minute and a half long) and is pure shouty-rock genius in my opinion.

Since I seem to have the bandwidth of Jesus this morning I've been doing some downloading.

Junk, adore the Operation Ivy stuff, very cool. Never realised Knowledge was their song originally, always just known the Green Day version. Might look for albums, any recommendations?

As for Lucky Boys Confusion, I could only find a song called "Cock Boy", but Audiogalaxy has just started acting up so I'll try DL it later.

Anyone tried McLusky or Snow Patrol? Also, KoS, recommend something, fraid I already know Crackout.

It's not too hard to reccomend an operation ivy cd since they were able to fit every song they ever recorded in the studio onto one cd...  Short lived band, formed in 1987, broke up in 1989 but that is one damned fine cd they got.  You can aparently find it by the name of "energy" or "operation ivy"

Um, and as far as I know lucky boys dont have a song called "cock boy", but keep looking.  I tried out Mclusky, cool stuff, along the lines of Ivy, where a bunch of guys shout for a minute and a half, heh.  Hope I can track down more songs.

Bandwidth of Jesus today? God's speed lucky fucker!

Recommendations...bit rushed but let's see...

Hood - Useless

Only heard one song by this band but it stuck with me. Really lo-fi, left field stuff, they're a band I'm gonna investigate now that I've a file share that can actually find any of their songs!

Bent - Always/Always in my Heart

Try and get the 7 or so minute version, tho the edit is alright, chillout music has had a bit of a surge lately but apart from one of their songs in a Carlsberg ad (...if Carlsberg made banks...), they've stayed out of radar. Programmed to Love Is a fantastic album, but less complex as other tracks as this might be, this is my favorite. As you've the bandwidth of Jesus, you could DL Swollen or Chocolate Wings (cheesy tribute to anal sex! :0 ) too.

As for others, you could whet your RftC and ATD-I appetites with:

RftC: Break It Up, I Know, Sturdy Wrists, White Belt, S.O.S., Spitting, Drop Out, Ball Lightning or Burnt Alive (the second half is a great end to an album)

ATDI: Starslight, Picket Fence Cartel, Hulahoop Wounds, Lopsided, Rascuache or Heliotrope.

I DL all the RftC stuff, Hood and Bent. Gonna leave ATD-I for now, but will return to it.

I quite like the Hood song, sounds influenced by Idlewild, quite good. Really like the Bent song but wondered why it took so long to DL until it appeared as 18 minutes long! Its Always, and then some other songs, kinda weird. Always is brilliant though, I'm really into the whole chilled out thing like Zero 7, Air, etc.

The RftC stuff is very cool. Kinda different to stuff I usually listen to but that ain't no bad thing. Especially like White Belt and Burnt Alive, very cool. Also, the opening riff from S.O.S is wicked.

If you like chilled out stuff, have you heard any Lemon Jelly? They've got an album out thats really good. Its very wittily named "Lemon Jelly.ky" (also they're website which they got registered in the Cayman Islands so they could get that address  :D )

If you haven't I'd recommend a song by them called 'In the Bath', its amazing...

"What do you do in the bath!"

Yeah I have LemonJelly.ky, my favorite on that's 'Year One'. Heard the name Zero 7 when I was looking around about Bent, can you recommend any tracks?

Can't remember when I heard that Hood song but it was years ago, perhaps before Idlewild, so the influence thing could be vice versa...just looked it up, it was out in 1997...

Glad you like RftC, now Jont doesn't have to kill you! :D

S.O.S. is one of my faves at the moment, lyrics are brilliant imho. I love the way the last chorus comes in on White Belt too, that kicks ass live. Burnt Alive is a definite slow burner with a brilliant second half...I'd think of some Alan Hansen skit if it wasn't so early...

I'll try downloading myself today...

Whoops! Yeah that's the one, the last track Come is pretty cool as well, but the whole albums good all round.

"And a big fella too!"

Any good Zero 7 recommendations?

Oh and Junker, sorry if this seems like just me and MLB, I've an Op Ivy track lined up for DL, I'll let you know what I think, sounds intriguing, like my sort of band! :approve:

Junk stick around dude, this topic is very limited for people as it is.

As for zero 7 KoS, can't really help, all the stuff I've heard was on the radio and I'll be darned if I can remember the names of any of it. However, I'll let you know if I remember some.

No worry about me leaving this threadm it's not quite as flooded as the other one, so we're actually DL'ing stuff.  Plus, who needs that mainstream stuff anyways....

Have you heard of the Get up Kids?  They're a kind of big emo band over here, but they dont cry quite as much as other emo bands, they're more fast paced.  Good stuff from them would be "Holiday," "Red Letter Day," and "Dont hate me."  I remember I never quite liked them till I saw them live, thought they were a whiny emo band that cried all day untill is ee them live and the keyboardist is surfing his keyboard while trying to play a guitar they threw him... I figure I just never heard the right tracks.  Give 'em a listen if you haven't heard em already.

I know a little bit of stuff from The Get-Up Kids. They've got a great song called 'Action and Action'. Have to check out some more from them since you recommend them as a better-than-most emo band. Although I have to say, I kinda like emo, Jimmy Eat World, Fugazi and so forth, I reckon its good.

Onto it tomorrow when my bandwidth improves... :D

Well, yeah, I like emo in general, but some of it gets tiresome is all, 'nuther good emo band is the Julianna Theory.  Heartless (what's she doing not in this thread?) told me about em, great stuff.  Ones I've liked are "To the Tune of 5000 screaming children," "Into the Dark," and "Don't push love away"  almost anythign from their cd "Emotion is dead."