Hondo's Bar

Death Note

Lycaon

For those of you not familiar with the manga, Death Note is in reference to a notebook typically carried by Shinigami (literal translation "deathgod"). If it falls in the hands a human, it can be used to kill anyone whose name is written in it, by any method or time limit written. When ____ finds one, he decides to use it to kill the corrupt. Soon there is a global search to find who is resposible for a series of mysterious deaths.

I haven't read a great deal of the manga, but it is good. The only promo I've found thus far is at http://www.fansub.tv/series.php/884/Death Note/#Promo

As for the manga, its can be downloaded at http://www.stoptazmo.com

Both links provided are direct download sites, the second of which you have to register (its free, and you gain access to a lot of manga) to download.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shit, i gotta get movin readin this book, then! well...tell me how good/faithful it is first, i figure ill read it either way...that site you linked has a lotta good manga, man.

It was pretty faithful to it, but then again Its been awhile since I read what little I had borrowed only been one episode. that said, it looks pretty good and I'm hopefull about it.

The stoptazmo site? Yeah, its pretty good, especially for those that can't use bit-torrent. If you want I can try to compile a list sometime of anime and manga download links.

• 2 weeks later...
HELL MOTHERFUCKING YEAH! We watched the 2nd episode and MAN it's damn good! I can't wait for the 3rd to be out. IT NEEDS TO BE OUT RIGHT NOW PLZ.

Well, I downloaded episode 2 around Saturday, so if we're lucky episode 3'll be out this weekend at the latest.

I don't really have any advise on torrents for this particular anime (I would say, however, that it's good to bookmark the fansubing groups you like. Their websites usually have a link to a good torrent, if they don't have one hosted themselves), as I tend to use a combination of direct downloads and torrents (direct downloads sometimes being faster). I believe Toriyama's World is the group fansubing this one at the moment. I haven't ever had any complaints about them, except that they don't always finish subbing a series (especially if it's been picked up domestically. They generally drop a series after that happens). They're pretty good, other than that.

@#$%...i somehow downloaded episdoe 1 in french subs, apparnetly. :)

well, it sure looks good, anyway! what # are they up to now? Can one of youse post links to well-seeded episodes? ill watch it this week, cause im up to 20-somethings in the manga and its gettin good.

@#$%...i somehow downloaded episdoe 1 in french subs, apparnetly. :)

well, it sure looks good, anyway! what # are they up to now? Can one of youse post links to well-seeded episodes? ill watch it this week, cause im up to 20-somethings in the manga and its gettin good.

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/884.html (Not sure which fansub group's the best right now, I'm using Toriyama's World)

• 2 weeks later...
IC and I saw the first three episodes last night and man, this stuff's great! Definitely one of the best anime's i've seen in a while!!!

Good one Ly/CJ/MH!

I'm going to check out the manga off IC's new pimped out drive.

Awesome! :ok:

I need to go watch episodes 5 & 6 sometime today!

its spot-on. im debating just watching it instead of the manga, if only for time's sake. anyway, its really cool seeing the pages come (accurately) to life, so thanks aagin for this, we'll be caught up soon.

ps anyone seen the live action? i know, its not often they dont suck hard, just curoius....

Archived