Hondo's Bar

Sum41

*Jewels*

A guy my sister worked with and lived near was going out with Edith Bowman (note for Yanks and sister-shaggers, MTV presenter over here), she got to know her fairly well...

I worked for 3 weeks with a former Eurovision winner, Niamh Kavanagh. We were both doing a data entry job for an agency, she even gave me lifts. She used to work to keep herself busy between performing seasons but normally reception jobs, by chance there was only data entry jobs at the time....And don't dismiss the Eurovision, it's watched by hundreds of millions...

There has only been one song I have ever liked on Eurovision. It was a few years ago, a band named 'Brainstorm' from Latvia entered a song called 'My Star'. Absolutely incredible. Basically it was indie-pop with the lead singer obviously modelling himself on Jarvis Cocker. My life hasn't been the same since.

They came third.  :angry:

Don't recall it? ???

The eurovision is good if you're watching it with a sarcastic bitch like my sister, it's funny to see her rip them apart! The eastern european countries are usually good for a laugh, and Germany always have the shittest song imaginable, sung by an old guy stuck in the 70s...

"Wow, it's crazy man!" - Bill Bailey, Belgian Jazz

I recall Germany usually entering bad old-man rock bands in shell suits.

Brainstorm were so great. Made my day seeing them. The drummer was a spitting image of that primal guy out of police academy. The one who has the protruding lower-jaw and talks in that weird muppet-grunt voice.