Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Drunken Deputies

The NZA

entroducing...

Hondo's Drunken Deputies!

Tonight, Jax and Mentalhearts are being deputized. Theyre basically mods of the entire board, with expanded powers, with which come expanded responsibilities, or something. Theyve been briefed.

Point is: I know im not always around, and even tho theyre busy too, chances are one of our bold triumvirate'll be around to help out at some point, so when you need a topic title edited, moved, duplicate post deleted, or general assistance, theyre here to help!

Let's give it up for the thankless job ahead of these 2, chosen for their being virtual conrerstones of the board, whom i just know noticed both found the place through other recuriters, which goes to show how far that shit goes. Anyway, much love to both of em.

ray-ray: you sound like 2T when he was mod'd. Dont worry, just PM me if youre unfamiliar with your control panel/abilities, again you got pretty much full reign (sp?).

Im looking into limited access to the admin control panel, so you two can join in the battle against the 200+ spammers weve had recently.

Sen - they get one starman for every 500 posts, as soon as they send me the right number of them or something, cause im inept.

Im afraid that, according to our current rules, all members must have bibically known each other at least once (preferrably on the same day) to join. Its how they got in, and youre already 1/3 of the way there!

Kuntgratulationays JMT&MH.

arrival_dark.jpg

I am not a number. I am a person.

Thank you, citizen #221. Your support is like a warm blanket. Essentially, it's not very supportive. Steel beams would be better. Do your patriotic duty as start making your support more rigid and unwavering and less blanketesque.

Dear Fearless Leader,

Once posts are deleted, and they backed up or anything in the 3vent of accidental erasure? I know they're a pop-up window asking if your sure, but it could happen. Are they retrivable?

Your automaton in the field, Jax

chancellor Jax: most deletions are backed up by ending up buriend in crap shack, as i have it set up now.

SOF: done!

MH: its in the admin control panel, and its one of the features i wanna give you guys access to soon as i have it down.

Congrats to all for being promoted (it shouda been Panch, but whatever...)! JK! You guys deserve it (not as much as Panch...)!

man, you need a) a computer and b) a regular gig like the webcomics to be a contender! for now, you gotta stay in the cut with your "Hondo's Greatest Recruiter" title.

its not that you only recurit; its that you run circles around everyone for recruiting. I mean, look at your track record: half our deputy squad is all your doing. I dont know many that recruit both on and offline, but you deserve respect for it.

Since the first days of the forum, when it was drunken deities

Right down through the first blargh post

The forum kept going through changes

And then forum changed it's name, the times continued to change

Nothing stayed the same, but there were always deputies

Like BigChiefSlapaho, Solider of Fortune

Defgoddess, SuperEeyore

They were deputies of their time and age

The mighty deputies

We're the drunken deputies

Now, drunken deputies are people

That make Hondo's the place to be

They change the course of history

Everyday people like you and me

We're the deputies, we're the people

That make Hondo's the place to be

We change the course of history

Everyday people like you and me

C'mon

Say click sucka! (click sucka!)

Say click sucka! (click sucka!)

Say post sucka! (post sucka!)

Now post sucka! (post sucka!)

Say reply sucka! (reply sucka!)

Say reply sucka! (reply sucka!)

Say blargh sucka! (blargh sucka!)

Now blargh sucka! (blargh sucka!)

• 1 year later...

Ok, so id wanted to wait till after the awards to do this (there's enough going on right now) but its not so controversial and its really needed. Id thought about suggestions for another Drunken Deputy/co-captain admin and all, and again, id never seen what a new one'd offer than MH & Jax weren't handling on the day-to-day. It'd come up with arch, jax and several other conversations lately and a lotta names were tossed around (good ones too), but again, i needed one as a function.

That said, everybody welcome aboard stillbored as our tech support guy! he's already been helping out a lot behind the scenes so it really saves some time, hopefully you'll see things here & there tidying up/improving. I'm just trying to not dump too much on his plate here 'cause he's already got the award banners, some help with the sigs, he wants to fix things about our board's main page, etc and again, this is all pro bono efforts here so i hope everyone bears that in mind.

I really think he'll be great for this, and its something the board needs - our blessed CRTPimps tech support got real jobs so again, its good timing. And those of you who secretly loathe him for his epilepsy-cat inducing seizures: again, i understand but hey, MH vouched for him. So welcome him aboard, everybody!

Archived