Hondo's Bar

Emoticonize a few bands!

• 1 year later...

Hah..nice ones.

Actually, i can, but so can any of you many, many music moderators - just edit a given post, and change the smiley to whatever the text for them now is..often, its the same, but ya just need to re-do it so it links to ours, not DD's...enjoy, its monotonous.

but having access to all the forum files, you could do a massive "find and replace." For example, if you set it up to replace all instances of

"http://www.drunkendeities.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/poke.gif"

with

"http://www.hondosbar.com/forum/html/emoticons/prod.gif"

You could turn all the red Xs that are supposed to be a poking smilie into actual poking similies.

I'm afraid, young jax, that a massive "find and replace" option is not at my disposal in the current version of this board, otherwise, i assure you, i'd do just that...im not fond of all the red x's either. Till then, you can feel free to edit posts for the sake of emoticons & the battle against irishcowboysnonexistantpic.jpg, we trust ya. Should such an option open up, rest assured, ill use it.

It's not laziness, it's love of efficency. If you can do this more efficently, then I don't want to see it done inefficently.

Source files. All these posts, they are stored in the form of files, are they not? You have access to these files, do you not? You can edit them and overwrite the old one, can you not?

Hmm..yes and no. Older boards would keep posts in files that i could toss into notepad & mess with, as youre describing - it was messy, messy code, but doable. The current SQL database..no way. I tried it when we originally lost all our old stuff in the domain switch, right? I found a very, very small number of the posts, and my altering them seemed to throw off the board tables as well. If version 1.3 has an offical option, or i can find a mod that would allow one, id go for it; youre right, its tons more efficient.