Hondo's Bar

Most classic "Classic Rock" Album

Reverend Jax

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I went with Hendrix.

I just realized that I'm not much of a "classic rock" fan, at least not the stuff mentioned. I like The Doors, but they were getting real fuckin' "loungey" towards the end there. Does Bowie count? I love pre-1980's Bowie. I like Queen, T-Rex and Blondie and shit, but I think Jax said he was trying to stick with the 60's for the most part.

60's wise, I like Velvet Underground, Joplin, Credence, Jefferson Airplane, Iron Butterfly and MC5, off the top of my head. I guess those count.

I went with Hendrix.

I just realized that I'm not much of a "classic rock" fan, at least not the stuff mentioned. I like The Doors, but they were getting real fuckin' "loungey" towards the end there. Does Bowie count? I love pre-1980's Bowie. I like Queen, T-Rex and Blondie and shit, but I think Jax said he was trying to stick with the 60's for the most part.

60's wise, I like Velvet Underground, Joplin, Credence, Jefferson Airplane, Iron Butterfly and MC5, off the top of my head. I guess those count.

Thumbs up on Hendrix, love the Doors, David Bowie (hell yes), Queen (RIP Freddie Mercury), Janice and that voice are iconic of her time, and CCR is just awesome music!

You are a wise one Logan...overall two thumbs up!

For me, it was a toss up 'tween Led Zepplin, Hendrix, The Doors & Cream...All four are what I grew up on in the early 80s...thanx to my awesome Dad! I can honestly say that no one in my family was ever really impressed with the Beatles...My Dad & Uncles were more into The Rolling Stones...Growing up one side of my family leaned more towards British Blues and the other side was about Southern Rock...

Feck! I just forgot who I voted for...it was either Led Zepplin or the Doors...

I went with Hendrix.

Bowie counts. I probably would have put The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars on there, but back when I made this poll, in the olden days before Hondo's Bar was even called Hondo's Bar, the board software only allowed polls to have 10 choices, which was ok for some things, and woefully lacking for others, like this.

I like all the bands you listed (of MC5, I only know Kick Out The Jams), but known of them had a album that felt it was in itself classic enough for the poll. I like Joplin's Pearl album better than probably all the other albums on the poll, but it's not more 'classic.' Beggar's Banquet doesn't really belong on the poll, but I felt the Rolling Stones really need to have a choice, but they don't have that one iconic album. If I were doing it again today, I'd probably go with Let It Bleed or maybe Sticky Fingers.

As for Creedence, they're a perfect example of this 'classic' thing I'm talking about. What is their highest selling album, which contained 6 top 10 songs all of which are still staples of classic rock radio? If you're a big CCR fan, you might know it's Cosmo's Factory, but how many people really know have that? How many people could identify this album cover if the words were removed?

Creedence_Clearwater_Revival_-_Cosmo%27s_Factory.jpg

Most people that would claim to 'love' CCR probably wouldn't get it. The album doesn't 'classic' feel that Sgt Pepper's and Dark Side of the Moon have. Then again, the same could be said of Disraeli Gears....

Huh, I'd think of these bands as jusr rock bands or maybe even psychedelic rock in terms of Hendrix or folk rock in terms of Dylan. And for some reason I always think of bad 70s bands when I hear the term "classic rock." I can blame the classic rock radio stations for that, I suppose.

Anyway, Sgt. Pepper but no White Album? :sarcasm: Stupid Jax poll is stupid.

• 3 years later...