Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Mainpage Virus attack?

BigChiefSlapaho

Ok... so I'm at home last night & I turn my IE7 to www.hondosbar.com

My Norton AV goes nuts. I get hit with 6 virus attacks. I thought perhaps my PC at home got hacked somehow since I leave it on all the time. So, I came to work and tried it out... SAME THING! I tried it with FireFox and nothing happened, must be an IE exploit.

Nick, you really need to look into this. I know not many people go to the homepage anymore, but you must've been hacked or something. Call your hosting company and have them scan your page.

Went to the mainpage 2 days ago to see wht our current logo looks like and I got a warning from my Norton that it had stopped a worm intrusion from some place with a russian sounding name.

I thought it was from one of the other explorer windows I had open. I figured Hondo's was clean. Now that Eric's mentioned his problems, though, I realize we're not.

Yeah, invision gave me the heads-up - some fuck tried to hack us (again), they changed the FTP password we had but it looks like they got something in, should be handled now.

as a precuation, this weekend i intend to:

a) virus-scan the board

b) lock down all other FTP access

c) make another manual backup of this place now that it should be clean (our server automatcially keeps 48 hour and 1 week backups, just so everyone knows).

it sucks, but as we gain noteriety/google hits, this also brings spammer armadas and the occassional dickhead.

IE, firefox? you virus scanned, checked for errors (scandisk) etc? mebbe you should delete your internet history/cookies. ive never had this.

but then again, there was a point when my shit'd lock if i came into the suggestion box...weird errors.

• 2 weeks later...

...you sure that's not just you?

Im at work and havent seen any notices yet....if others are getting this, please let me know. ill virus scan the board again but havent had any issues recnetly...might be cause the frontpage uses flash, if you havent isntalled that somehow.

Archived