Hondo's Bar

Defining song

The NZA

Yeah, KOS, im not arguin with Jack here - VAST's first album is great almost the whole way through; "Touched" might very well be the best, but i recall listenin to "Dirty Hole" and "Flames" a lot too.

The 2nd album....i dunno, it felt like they went from interestin, somewhat unique sound/style to teen angst...struck me as a step back, sadly.  Tho now that ya mention it, ima go listen to "My TV and You" in a bit, maybe i missed somethin.

VAST%20cover%204.jpg

Sure, it may be a crime not to own it, but the courts don't have the resources to prosicute all those guilty parties out there. Besides, that would mean building alot of jails and even then deal with overcrowding to a massive extent. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but maybe, even though our intentions were pure in heart, we should decriminalization non-ownership of the VAST debut album. Oh what the heck! Let my people go!

• 4 weeks later...

Ok this sucks! I just typed all the lyrics to this song and somehow lost my reply. I didnt' wanna say my son without giving the explanation and all this behind it. But now I don't really give a hoot anymore.( give a hoot? what am I British?)

it's Baba 'O' Reily by the Who.

But for those of you that know me and say.."What?!! that's not you at all! "   The song is not at all what I am, it's what I wanna be.

Baba O'Reily is a incredible song. No matter how you slice it. It's like Bohemian Rhapsody. You couldn't dislike that song even if you wanted too. And even if you could convince yourself that you didn't liek it, you'd only realize you were kidding yourself the next time you heard it. You'll be dancing that little jig at the last minute of the song with the fiddle that speeds up so fast you think you just might have a heart attack! It's my favorite Who song, with Love Reign O'er Me in second. Everybody's got to scream : Teenage Wasteland! It's only Teenage Wasteland! We're all wasted!

Heh, bacchus'd say either "Hollies - Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress" or "The Guess Who - American Woman" or "No Sugar Tonight (New Mother Nature)".

Dinghy, why is that song what you wanna be, what part of that song are you referring to?

and in all sincereity, i dont like Bohemian Rhapsody....call me cliche here, but if its Queen, i wanna hear "Another one bites the dust."

hmm, remember when we were talking about bands that have undisputed best songs?  I'd say Baba O' Reilly fits there quite nicely.  Just such a damned fine song.  Since dighy had trouble putting it up, I figure I'll post the lyrics

Out here in the fields

I fight for my meals

I get my back into my living

I don't need to fight

To prove I'm right

I don't need to be forgiven

Don't cry

Don't raise your eye

It's only teenage wasteland

Sally ,take my hand

Travel south crossland

Put out the fire

Don't look past my shoulder

The exodus is here

The happy ones are near

Let's get together

Before we get much older

Teenage wasteland

It's only teenage wasteland

Teenage wasteland

Oh, oh

Teenage wasteland

They're all wasted!

I guess I can kinda see how it's "what you want to be"  Can definately see why it'd be a favorite.

Whoa! Someone who doesn't liek Bohemian Rhapsody.... That's a big Whoa! (keanu reeves whoa, not joey lawerence whoa). Anyway, Baba O'Reily's a great song, but the who have too many fine songs to place Baba squarely about tehm all. My Generation, Won't Get Fooled Again, Pinball Wizard, Were Not Gonna Take It, 5-15, Love Reign O'er Me, Who Are You, Behind Blue Eyes, Magic Bus, and of course, Squeeze Box!

"Oh, yeah, has he got blue plastic-framed glasses on? ...Oh, well, I'm pretty sure that's him then. Blue frames. ...Heh, make him look rather studious, yeah. ...Sounds like him. Well, that's good enough for us, yeah. ...So what do you do now, chuck him away?"

Do you have the Blue Jam scripts MLB? If not I can give you a link to a site with em.

Found the scripts here earlier, can't find links on the main site, but they're all here:

www.thejim.iofm.net/bjamepXX.html, where you just need to replace the XX with the series and episode numbers, ie:

Series 1, Episode 1: http://www.thejim.iofm.net/bjamep11.html

so there's 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26.

Sorry it's a bit awkward, but it's worth it!

SUE: Oh. Did they say what he'd been doing?

DAVID: Well, it sounds like he was buggered quite a lot and then strangled.

SUE: Oh. That's a bit much.

DAVID: Yeah, apparently it was that bloody Mike Holland that did it! I'll have a word with him next time I see him.

SUE: Yeah, well, you can tell him I'm pretty pissed off as well.