Hondo's Bar

Grindhouse

The NZA

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome.

Planet Terror - reaches that point where it redefines what's insane every 5 minutes or so about halfway through, and is way more gratouitious (sp?) than even expected, and a lot of fun. the "missing scenes" were among the best moments. Also, props to Rodriguez for getting so many hot chicks in one place at the same time, and if he did leave his wife for Mcgowan? prolly a good call.

Death Proof - was fun, and had its moments, but perhaps because PT was so balls-to-the-wall, it honestly dragged at certain points, youd notice the dialogue went on for too long and to be honest, it wasnt Tarentino's best. When it picks up action-wise later on, though, its crazy.

The trailers were incredible, its hard deciding which youd like to see become an actual film.

Don't!

I agree with pretty much everything nick said. And yeah, Don't was the best trailer IMO. Anyone else kind of dissapointed by Werewolf Women of the S.S.? I mean, The last

bit with nic cage as fu manchu

was hilarious, but other than that.

Yeah, i wanted to like SS more than i did but they just kinda reused footage and didnt do much for me till Cage came out. Thanksgiving, i just loved the trailer guy's voice, shit sounded genuinely old school for some reason, repeating the title and all.

"White meat, dark meat, all will be served. Thanskgiving."

FINALLY saw this earlier today, and we LOVED it! Cj and I came out liking Planet Terror better, but Death Proof ended up surprising us and picked up speed near the end. For at least an hour or two after the movie I had this... adrenalin that felt refreshing. Totally awesome.

It came in 4th behind Blades of Glory, Meet the Robinsons and Are We Done Yet?.

I keep on getting the "Oh, what's that?" reaction when telling people I went to see it. HOW THE FUCK DID THEY MISS ALL THE ADVERTISING? The female had the same problem. Wonder if this is across the board?

Archived