Hondo's Bar

FaVoRitE LeD zEppELiN sOnG

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i chose "over the hills and far away" because that song makes me happy, i love it, i could be in the shittiest mood ever and that song comes on the radio and i know everything is going to be alright.

"whole lotta love" was a really close second, with "kasmir" and "stairway" coming in third, but honestly, i love them all. Led Zeppelin is one of the best rock bands in history in my opinion.

and this is going to sound cheesy as hell, but i've seen footage of their performances and i dunno, but there's just this thing about them, between Jimmy  Paige on Guitar, and Robert Plant's vocals.. just something god-like and magical.. (i know it sounds cheesy,) but dammit that band had chemistry..

Had to go with "Whole Lotta Love" as my fav on the list because Led Zepplin 2 was the first zep cd I got, just because I'd heard so much about them, I figured it was a good purchase.  When I heard that first solo, I felt like running out and buying every cd they've ever made, amazing stuff.  My real favorite tho is "When the Levee Breaks" from the 4th one.  There's just somehting about the drums and guitar in that song that comes together perfectly.  Oh, and speaking of songs that just bring a smile to your face, "D'yer Mak'er" from houses of the holy is another of my favorites not on the list.  That entire cd is just perfect... as are most of them, which is obviously why they rock.  Not a "greatest hits" band at all, the albums are where its at.

couldn't agree with you more Junker.  

All of their albums are wonderful from begining to end, but my all time favorite would have to be "Physical Graffiti" but all of their albums kick ass.

yea i didn't have room to put all of their songs.. "when the levee breaks" is a good song too..

dammit i'm sooooo pissed i missed Robert Plant and Jimmy Paige @ the Concord Pavillion (anger.....)

Argh...hate to agree with Jumbie, but im for "Stairway to Heaven", cliche or not. Great fuckin song.

Tho...my other 2 favorites are strangely absent.  "Babe, I'm gonna leave you" and "The Battle of Evermore"...cant believe the 2nd one aint here...:D

• 3 weeks later...

My favs are 'Babe, You Know I'm Gonna Leave You', 'The Battle Of Evermore', 'When The Levee Breaks' (because it make me feel like a cowboy walking in slow motion, don't know why, but it does), 'Dazed And Confused', 'Heartbreaker/Living Loving Maid', and I better stop now before I go through half their discography.